invoice problems

I'm getting an error message when I click to send an invoice - says "an error has occured, please try again later",   anyone else having this problem?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

invoice problems

@misstake 

Error message goes back to the beginning of Feb 2020. 

Invoice Error Message.JPG

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Keep-getting-Technical-errors-when-sending-invoices/m-p/...

-Lotz

tyler@ebay 

There is now a new error message for combined sale in Sellers Hub when you click on link to try to ship. Possibly connected? You receive this message even before you reach Shippo.

Combined shipping error.JPG

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

invoice problems

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - not sure if this is related, it sounds more like a different issue. 

Is this happening whenever you try to bulk print shipping from the drop down? Or is it just on items you have sent a combined invoice with?

Tyler,
eBay
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

invoice problems

tyler@ebay 

-Customer bought 2 items(overnight)

-Customer made 1 payment for items

- Clicked on Ship Tab in Sellers Hub to ship - It showed transaction as combined

-Received previous error message

- Had to sign in with options as suggested

- Had to refund overpayment in this case for excessive shipping

- IF a buyer can request a revised invoice, whether it is Regular Price or Best Offer Pricing a seller could advise correct shipping amount and save the refund. This is NOT always possible and a major concern to many sellers. (There is no easy way with Calculated Shipping to correctly charge for reasonable postage for unique shaped items).

-Lotz

PS. Even in Shippo if a customer purchased 2 items and paid separately it now will not let you combine. It lets you created 2 packages as per its system settings. For a shipment going to USA workaround would be correcting the weight and adding a line to the customs invoice with the additional information. Shippo was checking into this but have received no follow up.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

invoice problems

tyler@ebay wrote:

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - not sure if this is related, it sounds more like a different issue. 

Is this happening whenever you try to bulk print shipping from the drop down? Or is it just on items you have sent a combined invoice with?

I got the error just trying to print a label with one item.  I just signed directly into Shippo.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

invoice problems

I don't know if this is related but I went directly to shippo just now to print a label on one item going to the states and got an error message saying there were improper characters in the phone number - and my label can't be purchased. i assume it is an issue with the buyers phone number so i messaged them to check the number for type o's. I previously tried to print right from ebay and could not. (server is down error). have not been able to print a shipping label at all today so far. - sherie
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

invoice problems

You can change the phone number to your own or just put in all 0's.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

invoice problems

Thanks for your advice - I forgot that i could check their address and see if the phone number was there or not - the buyer didn't want to add it so i used my own. i did have that issue once before and asked here and got that advice. for some reason i didn't remember that i could change the number myself. Sheesh 🙂 this time i am writing it on the wall - in neon - lol
Message 8 of 8
latest reply