item location

Are we allowed to list an item is in Canada but at the same time your shipping is from outside of Canada?

This is just few listing that i saw just wondering ?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

item location

I'm not an expert on this subject but I think that's how a seller has to establish shipping options on a listing for a Canadian-located item listed on ebay.com. 

Anyone clarify?

Except in this case the seller is listing in CAD on ebay.ca so I would suspect they are simply unaware as to how to actually set up proper postage options and are just grasping at any straw that worked. 

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

item location

The item is listed on .com as far as I know you need to have the exact location of the item doesn't matter where is your account open . I think this is fraud
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

item location

Sorry on .ca
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

item location

The first listing 302193341260 is for a 4 piece set of luggage with location in BC Canada and shipping from outside Canada for $10!!!!!!  USA and international (I checked Afghanistan) is set to Light Packet USA at $10 CDN!!!!

The seller has sold 7 items from that listing. Scammer? New seller 3 days, Zero feedback.

Or maybe just no idea how to sell.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

item location

Where is eBay in this case ?
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

item location

@pocomocomputing wrote:

The first listing 302193341260 is for a 4 piece set of luggage with location in BC Canada and shipping from outside Canada for $10!!!!!!  USA and international (I checked Afghanistan) is set to Light Packet USA at $10 CDN!!!!

The seller has sold 7 items from that listing. Scammer? New seller 3 days, Zero feedback.

Or maybe just no idea how to sell.

The other listing 222374591305 is also from a new seller with 0 feedback. Selling a luggage set with same shipping at $8.

Looks like a new seller account with 10 items max allowed limit so the seller listed one listing with 10 items.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

item location

only from China you could ship at this price .You dont have idea how much this cost here to be ship even with great shipping rates
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

item location

New seller and his shipping is a total mess, not fraud, but certainly has it set up incorrectly

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

item location

Or, will sell a bunch as fast as possible and take a powder

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

item location

@fashionoutletdeal wrote:
Where is eBay in this case ?

Zipped into one of the inner compartments.  

It is obviously the same scammer seller, both new IDs, identical listings (bags are different color is all) including same descriptions and shipping terms, and even though one ID is registered in Quebec and the other BC they both registered on the exact same date, that indicates someone with a very limited understanding of Canadian geography, and certainly a single person who is nowhere near here but thought to trick Canadians into thinking the item is here in Canada.  As you said, the only way these sets can be shipped for those prices is from China.  And that is where they'll be, if they exist at all.  

Violations all over this one.  I feel sorry for the people who paid.  

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

item location

I found a uk seller a few weekends ago whose listings were 50 percent blatantly duplicates and triplicates. I reported about two dozen of them.

I checked back yesterday. All remain. Nothing was done.
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

item location

@fashionoutletdeal wrote:
only from China you could ship at this price .You dont have idea how much this cost here to be ship even with great shipping rates

I doubt that you can buy a new set like that for $53 anywhere in the world. I suspect that both listings are for nonexistent items.  Both sellers registered on the same day.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

item location

This listing style reminds me of the down-filled winter coats with fur-lined hoods awhile ago for $40 CAD including postage. New seller, item location given as Quebec. All sold fast. I wonder whatever happened with those.
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

item location

Anonymous
Not applicable

IT is not a good thing when eBay is doing nothing which is hurting the community.  Ironic that eBay ask us to post feedback to ensure the community, etc., yet they don't do what they preach!!

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

item location

Here is the surprise another one 282316026931
Message 16 of 17
latest reply

item location

I find 2 more here is the one 282316026931
eBay remove the other listings .At least some good news
Message 17 of 17
latest reply