missing listings again?

seems every month or so i have listings go missing no difference this month again had 2061 listings yesterday today 2041 -- where do they go? they are not in the ended file  now i have to start over and do i hand item count to see which listings are missing -- last time it took me a month to complete inventory and relisting --so so  depressing - maybe others have an idea how to stop this  ?i now write down very day how listings i have  to see how many are missing  the next day sometimes nothing changes for days then bang three or four go missing  or like yesterday 20 listings -- help anyone who has advice ?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

missing listings again?

@dobo5250 wrote:

seems every month or so i have listings go missing no difference this month again had 2061 listings yesterday today 2041 -- where do they go? they are not in the ended file  now i have to start over and do i hand item count to see which listings are missing -- last time it took me a month to complete inventory and relisting --so so  depressing - maybe others have an idea how to stop this  ?i now write down very day how listings i have  to see how many are missing  the next day sometimes nothing changes for days then bang three or four go missing  or like yesterday 20 listings -- help anyone who has advice ?

@dobo5250 

@shoppergurl08 

Are you ever finding that if you wait awhile the numbers do eventually change? When listings roll over there can be lag. Sometimes it's fairly quick. Other times it is substantial. I have had it happen with both listings that roll over and new listings. eBay's version of tape delay. If listings are completely MIA then that is a whole other can of worms.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/I-broke-my-Ebay-store/m-p/503709#M150803

-Lotz

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

missing listings again?

Tthanks for the tip --- i have had that happened when they reappeared some days later but not  all of them -- maybe one time 60% showed back up on the listings  i will keep a better eye from day to day and see what happens-- for sure some are lost for good and i have to redo the whole listing - but i should wait a little longer to see if these 20 or so listings make a comeback agai n thanks for the tip 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

missing listings again?

You could always try creating an active listing report every day (or every few days). At the very least it would be much easier to figure out what listings were missing if that is indeed occurring. I think it's one of the reports that can be automated.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

missing listings again?

You could also put your listings into alphabetical order (click on Title in Active Listings) and check for duplicated  listings.

EBay refuses to believe these happen. Also check for one-off items that have already been sold.

If January is a slow month for you, as it is for many sellers, take the opportunity to see  if everything you have in stock is actually listed. EBay has also been known to drop listings , perhaps ones they think have been listed but not active for "too long", without warning.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

missing listings again?

20? You are lucky - more than 1.200 items missing here ....  😁

The glitch persists since 1 month and is devastating for sellers and Ebay itself. 

Remember Target Canada? They had very similar problem and finally went bankrupt with 4 billion in debt, closing all 130 stores.  

I hope someone finally understands how serious the problem is.  We are all in trouble ..... 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply