netParcel?

I went to do a Paypal label today, and found an option on there for netParcel.

I looked it up and it says save up to 70% on shipping. Has anyone got any information on this?

Message 1 of 70
latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

netParcel?

I use freightcom all the time. Great rates!
Message 61 of 70
latest reply

netParcel?

WARNING! Prices look great but what you see is NOT always what you get! We have been shipping via postal service for 20 years. Product is standard shape 18"x18"X2". We ship in heavy duty bags - well-sealed. Have shipped via UPS and Fedex occasionally for customers requiring expedited service. No problems. However, due to COVID-19, USPS very unreliable. We were thrilled to find NetParcel. It was a little more expensive but great service. Shipped approximately 10 packages. Then received an invoice that MORE THAN DOUBLED the shipping cost! We were charged an additional handling fee of $18.00 per item because the product was not in a box. No warning or other communication. We called Netparcel. They did nothing and invoice has automatically been paid through Paypal. Essentially - we gave all those products away. We are extremely dissatisfied and NetParcel is no help.

Message 62 of 70
latest reply

netParcel?

@anha-697329 wrote:

WARNING! Prices look great but what you see is NOT always what you get! We have been shipping via postal service for 20 years. Product is standard shape 18"x18"X2". We ship in heavy duty bags - well-sealed. Have shipped via UPS and Fedex occasionally for customers requiring expedited service. No problems. However, due to COVID-19, USPS very unreliable. We were thrilled to find NetParcel. It was a little more expensive but great service. Shipped approximately 10 packages. Then received an invoice that MORE THAN DOUBLED the shipping cost! We were charged an additional handling fee of $18.00 per item because the product was not in a box. No warning or other communication. We called Netparcel. They did nothing and invoice has automatically been paid through Paypal. Essentially - we gave all those products away. We are extremely dissatisfied and NetParcel is no help.

You are still purchasing UPS services and therefore must abide by UPS' terms and services regarding mailing. Their additional charges are very clearly laid out on their website: https://www.ups.com/ca/en/shipping/zones-and-rates/additional.page (of note to you, I would look at the section for "Additional Handling Fees"). Items in loose bags (or large packages not in a box) require special handling as they can't be stacked alongside other packages. This is common for most couriers, including Canada Post (I believe they charge $10 per item for what they describe as "unpackaged"). If you weren't charged a special handling fee in the past then you got lucky.

To anyone considering using NetParcel, I would not let this particular comment dissuade you. As long as you are properly packaging your items and following the rules you shouldn't have any issues. NetParcel has provided excellent rates for me for small items going from Canada to the US (and tracking is included!).

Message 63 of 70
latest reply

netParcel?

I just started using NetParcel for UPS shipping.  Last month I shipped an automotive transmission from Vancouver to Detroit.  Through UPS.com, it was going to be $460.  Through NetParcel, it was $123.

Normally for ebay items I ship using small packet Air. I just had a sale of an expensive item ($135USD), to Greece, to an ebay user that registered the same day to buy my item.  Lots of flags there, so I wanted to ship with tracking.  Through Canada Post it was going to be about $24 (2-3 weeks).  UPS.com wanted over $60.  NetParcel got me a UPS label for $22 (1 week).

Message 64 of 70
latest reply

netParcel?

@a51split 

Or anyone who has used UPS or netparcel..

Will UPS pick up your parcel on request. If you do use that service, how far in advance do you have to set it up and is there a charge?

I often see UPS trucks in my area but there seems to only be 2 drop off points in the city, neither of them are very convenient.

Message 65 of 70
latest reply

netParcel?

@pjcdn2005 wrote:
... Will UPS pick up your parcel on request. ...

https://www.ups.com/ca/en/shipping/zones-and-rates/value-added.page

Same day has charges of $2.75 (website request) or $4.25 (phone request)

Future day is free (website request)

However, a Residential Surcharge might be added to the cost.

-..-

Message 66 of 70
latest reply

netParcel?

I just received my e-invoice for the transmission shipment to Detroit. No surprises like what happened to anha-697329 above.

The other package to Greece is delayed.  It's in Athens but not delivered yet.

Message 67 of 70
latest reply

netParcel?

Here's an update to my previous shipment to Greece using NetParcel.

The item arrived well, but a week later, NetParcel hit me with an extra charge of $5 with no explanation at all.  This left me with a sour taste, as I considered contesting it.  

Two days ago I sold a heavy item to go to the US east coast. Thru CP it was going to be $39 via Expedited Parcel.  NetParcel had a UPS rate of $22.  I thought, even if they hit me up for another $5 later, it's still a win.

YMMV

Message 68 of 70
latest reply

netParcel?

The one and only time I used NetParcel, I got hit with another charge later.

Fool me once....

Message 69 of 70
latest reply

netParcel?

Shipping speed to the US has been great with UPS, but it is a minefield of extra charges.
Address correction fee - $17.
Brokerage fee for a customer returning a $140 item - $31 even though customs didn't assess anything. 
And the worst, when the customer misses the delivery and doesn't bother picking it up at the UPS depot. Shipping cost to the customer: $17. You want it shipped back? That'll be $75, or else UPS keeps the item. Netparcel only gives discounted rates for delivery to the customer, not the way back.

Message 70 of 70
latest reply