when is ebay.ca seller tools getting updated?

For a while now i have noticed that people on ebay.com have much more useful tools over us on ebay.ca, for example their dashbaord looks clean and updated, you can see your impressions, etc. Also now they have promoted listings! So i was wondering does anybody know when we are getting any of these tools to help us out with sales?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@theonlineentrepreneur wrote:

For a while now i have noticed that people on ebay.com have much more useful tools over us on ebay.ca, for example their dashbaord looks clean and updated, you can see your impressions, etc. Also now they have promoted listings! So i was wondering does anybody know when we are getting any of these tools to help us out with sales?

Whenever.  Although promoted listings have been promised sooner.

I'm just not as impressed as you about the new look since I use a desktop computer and prefer a compact display rather than the new spreadout view.

But if you like it so much -- then list some of your items on ebay.COM -- since you seem to be using flat rate shipping for many of your items you're already over one of the .COM drawbacks for Canadians of no calculated shipping for Canada Post.   And you get matching "free" listings on the ,com site. 

I use both sites, once you are over the learning curve (shipping, currency pricing) it's pretty straightforward.

-..-

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

izzame
Community Member
"tools" don't make sales. Currently, the biggest hurdle on .ca is visibility. We could have all the "tools" present and future, if we aren't being seen there is no need for "tools". They are an aid/convenience not a sale.
.ca is not an ebay priority
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I detest some of the new stuff.

The one at a time/ no self filling Feedback is a pain.

And I have been unable to revise listings on dotCOM without closing the entire listing and fiddling with it from my Unsold list.

It just sticks on Revise Listing.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

I detest some of the new stuff.

The one at a time/ no self filling Feedback is a pain.

And I have been unable to revise listings on dotCOM without closing the entire listing and fiddling with it from my Unsold list.

It just sticks on Revise Listing.

This is strange. I revised an item Wednesday, and had no problem... I don't know if it has an impact, but I use Firefox.

Completely agree on the feedback! Although it is not just on .com it is also on .ca

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

i would have loved to move to ebay.com but since i opened a store on ebay.ca and have so many listings done on ebay.ca i'm kinda stuck cause they won't help me migrate over and also they told me i needed a US address to open a store on ebay.com. At the moment i don't get many views but most of my sales are coming from the US.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

You can list on .com from Canada. It does not matter where your store is, only the site you list on.

All will show in your store.

Have to list in US dollars and use flat rate shipping as you can't use calculated. It becomes a little dicy to learn it all but once you learn, will piece very easy.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@theonlineentrepreneur wrote:

i would have loved to move to ebay.com but since i opened a store on ebay.ca and have so many listings done on ebay.ca i'm kinda stuck cause they won't help me migrate over and also they told me i needed a US address to open a store on ebay.com. At the moment i don't get many views but most of my sales are coming from the US.

An eBay store can be opened on any site. Your store on eBay.ca Canada is good for listings created on eBay.ca Canada, eBay.com USA, eBay.com.au Australia, wherever.

It is cheaper to open a store on eBay.ca because the cost numerically is the same on eBay.ca as on eBay.com, example, $19.95 / month for a basic store on the yearly plan, $24.95 a month for a basic store on the monthly plan with no year contract. But you pay in Canadian dollars on eBay.ca Canada for your store instead of US Dollars on eBay.com USA thus saving 25% exchange rate.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply