Category Recommendations by eBay

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got "Update listings with a recommended category to increase exposure" from eBay in my eBay account and thought I would check to see what they are "recommending" and was dismay at how "bonkers" eBay has gone!!

Example:  I listed TV press photo in the category: Entertainment Memorabilia-TV Memorabilia - Photographs - 1980 and eBay "recommended" to use it in the category of Books, Magazine Back Issue!!

Same thing with other item that is listed very clearly as TV photo or Movie photo in this category and eBay "recommended" DVDs & Movies - DVDs Bluray Disc and also in Cell Phone (as if!!), also  DVDs & Movies - VHS Tapes.

Did eBay actually want me to list my items that are listed very cleary as TV or Movie photo in those categories?? 

In the past I did listed a few items in the wrong categories and they removed them with warnings that I can be suspended if I continue to do and here I got "recommendations" for the wrong categories for the items that are listed very clearly as TV or Movie Photo, nothing of wording for VHS or DVD or book not even a cellphone!!!  It doesn't make sense.

Did anyone at eBay gone bonkers?  It shows very clearly that whoever make that recommendations don't know what they are doing!! 

Anyone have that similar so-called recommendations for the wrong categories??

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0