Changing Shipping Sizes Inches To Cm Whats Up With That

Now I had to remove all my listings twice due to changing shipping sizes I would list in inches maybe have to revise something and find out that  12 inch item was now shipping as a 12cm item Went back and had to check all was easier to just pull everything and start again ... funky once in Cm it never goes back to inches but it does it so I have to check all my auction listing at least 3 times some i wont change,, most it wil !!!l REALLY NEED SOME HELP HERE  .. have several hundered item i just got in to list but I can't be rechecking it ll as I go.................... canadian site listing in US dolars what else do you need to help

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Using Vendio may trigger the problem.

You should use metric instead of imperial measurements on eBay.ca

For a full explanation of the above, please read my reply to your similar question in this topic.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Site-Issues/Serious-bug-with-the-shipping-calculator-on-Ebay-ca/m-p/1831...

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Using Vendio may trigger the problem.

You should use metric instead of imperial measurements on eBay.ca

Well that really begs the question - what measurement system does USPS use I suppose I know the answer - but just curious.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

USPS uses Imperial, but that is irrelevant unless the seller is shipping by USPS.

If the seller is using Canada Post, using Imperial will give wonky results.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I became a seller in 2007, I was struggling with PayPal Shipping regarding the metrics and after a few months, I got used to it and just love it and now I don't know how to use imperial!!  LOL!!  I even have 2 postal scales in both.  1 up to 2Kg (4 pounds) and the other one up to 50Kg (100 pounds) and it is worth to have them both, especially if you have lots of heavy items to ship as I do.

I even have a measurement tape with imperials on one side and metrics (cm) on other side on hand at my left side by the computer, to make sure if I need to check from time to time.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

The USA uses US measurements, which are slightly different than Imperial  measurements, see link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_the_imperial_and_US_customary_measurement_systems

Message 6 of 6
latest reply