Did eBay system fail us??

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did the eBay system fail us??

I put one insane buyer on my block last week and yet she is able to bid on more items today!  I thought once when we put anyone on the block list, they cannot bid or contact us, right??  Anyone knew??  Thanks.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Should work like than.

Keep blocking her and refusing her bids.

Hope you don't have any Fixed Price Listings if she's really trouble.

Report her to eBay.

Fingers and toes crossed.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Stupid idea-- did you spell her ID correctly when you blocked her?

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did!!  I even put her on the block like 5 times and she still get though!!

Normally I can be patience and tolerance with anyone but with this wacko, believe me!  It is a new experience that I don't want to have again at any time!

She must be an insane wacko, high on meds and keeping sending messages even at the wee hours, look as if she never sleep at all!!   It gets to the point I groan every time I see her messages on my eBay messages plus in my personal email (double of everything,s sometimes 40 to 60 a day!!  I just simply deleted them without opening as most of them are repeated!!

I am praying it is the last time I hear from her but I doubt as long as if the eBay system has glitch in that area.    Eh!!   Just kidding!!

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

"did you spell her ID correctly when you blocked her?"

"I did!!  I even put her on the block like 5 times"

???

One can only block a user once.  Have you checked your list of blocked bidders?  They appear alphabetically.  Is the correct user name there?

"as long as if the eBay system has glitch"

Possible but i doubt it.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pierre, pierre, pierre, it is time that you believe that is happening like it is happening to me!!!

I checked 5 times to make sure I spelled the name right, etc., etc!!  She still keep sending me the insane messages and I no longer opened them, no matter what.  I even had to cancel her bids on my auctions 4th times today and she still is able to bid on them even I put her on the block list.  It shows that there is something wrong with the eBay system!!

Believe me!!  Thanks!!

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Blocked ebayers can still contact you unless you have checked off that you don't want blocked buyers to contact you which is at the bottom of the linked page.

http://offer.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences

I have no idea why the blocked person is still able to bid.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess what?  This wacko filed a chargeback with PayPal claiming that her purchases were "unauthorized payment" even she left me a glowing positive feedback for those!!  What a scammer, wacko this person is.

Of course, I am going to fight like you wouldn't believe, believe me.  I am NOT willing to let her or any scammers to get away with it at any time.

I even asked her if she claimed it is "unauthorized payment", that she must return those items and if not, I will be calling her local police station to inform that she is receiving the stolen items at her home. 

What a horrible experience that I have to go through with her the last few weeks and anow again for much longer!!

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

You've stated that you always use tracking so an unauthorized transaction should be easy to fight. As long as you have proof of shipment, you can show Paypal the tracking numbers and they should find in your favour. If I were you, I would give the tracking numbers in the reply to the chargeback and then follow up with Paypal by phone a day or two later.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I am lucky that I followed my "gut feeling" that I need to have a tracking number to ship the items to her at my additional cost.  As for tracking number that proves she has received them but how does it would help if anyone files for a chargeback claiming "unauthorized payment"?

In fact I got an email from her saying it is her bank's error as if!  And what more she said she has lots of $$$ in her bank and that it shouldn't happen.   Really, I think she is trying to pull a con because I got so many email before she purchased these items, saying she is on SSI, cannot afford the asking prices, if I would lower the prices, all those "sob" stories and now she is saying she has lots of $$$$ in her bank.  As if!

I think it is clearly a scammer, period.

As for PayPal, I am wondering why does PayPal has to pass the bucks to the sellers as it is not our fault.  We don't have buyers' credit or bank information, etc.  PayPal is responsible for that so why the heck PayPal has to pass the bucks to us???

I even made the demand that if the buyer filed a chargeback claiming "unauthorized payment", then they must return the items, they cannot have both ways, to get refund plus get to keep the items at any time.  It is like shoplifting without paying for them, period.

Otherwise they are encouraging the scammers do that and we will see the higher amount of those the coming months which we shouldn't allow.  Right now I am steaming mad and am not willing to give up.  The so-called "Seller's Protection" is a JOKE!!  It doesn't protect us at any time regardless of what!!  It is more likely to benefit the scammers not the sellers.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

As for tracking number that proves she has received them but how does it would help if anyone files for a chargeback claiming "unauthorized payment"?

The paypal seller protection rules state that in the case of an unauthorized payment chargeback, the seller only needs to show proof of shipment in order to win. Paypal will deal with the buyer's credit card company and the cc company may or not decide to refund the buyer. Whether they do or not refund, the money will not be from your account so there is no point in further conversation with this buyer.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got the message from this insane buyer begging me to call off her credit card compnay as they are investigating her!!

I told her tough luck and owe up to her responsiblilty, period!!  Serve her right for thinking trying to dupe us that way.

From her rambling messages, she is either on meds or drugs but clearly a dishonest scammer.  I even can knew which sellers she is bidding on and I was able to warn some sellers and most of them cancelled her bids to avoid having the similar problems.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whew! I got a notification from PayPal saying they closed the case in my favor. I found out from other sellers who are my friends that sell the similar items of this buyer's favorite star are getting the same problems as me, this insane buyer filed a chargeback with her credit card company claiming the purchases were "unathorized payment" with those sellers worth over $3,000!! And of course they fight back and won too. Apparently this buyer is a full-case scammer and now she is "blaming" for all her problems when she was unable to bid or buy with other sellers which put her on their block lists. I actually knew which sellers she was bidding on from her id username and the amount of stars and I warned those sellers about her and they cancelled her bids on their auctions to avoid similar problems and some selleres were too late but took my advice to ship the items with tracking numbers so she cannot open disputes as not received. Now she is whining about unable to bid or buy anything the last 2 weeks now. Good riddance to her!! I am surprised that she is still on eBay, I would thought with her fradulent claims with credit card companies and for opening false disputes against the sellers as never received them. Very fortunately nearly all of them use tracking numbers,otherwise those sellers would be screwed by her. What a gall she is and I hope eBay will boot her out from eBay real soon. I suspect that she is working with some other person (s) from the way they communicate which is so totally different from the other person and so on. After this horrible experience with this horrible wacko, I consider if I should change the mail service to a mail service with tracking number like Tracket Packet or Expedited for USA and Expedited or XpressPost for Canada and Tracked Packet or XpresPost for International for all my items from now on? Now with this insane new policy as "defect" that we get a defect for each time our buyers asking "where is my item?", I think we would have to consider doing using tracking number for all items?? It is such as shame as it is a no win-win situtation. Change mail service to a mail service with tracking number = meaning expensive = I can lose sales or no sales. Keep cheaper mail service = risk to get more defect or scamming!! No win-win situtation here!!
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

They usually aren’t able to bid . They can still contact you . I’ve blocked bidders they can’t buy the item . I usually get a message from them asking me why . They just forget who they screwed in the past.
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2014

The problem with zombie threads is that the information in them is out of date and may be inaccurate.

If you have a similar problem it would be better to start a new thread and get advice on current policies.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 16 of 16
latest reply