Ebay IS CHANGING MY PRICES ON ITS OWN...

Sooo... 

I recently listed over twenty listings of buttons and for that part, everything went well... Five minutes later, I went back to check on my listings and low and behold, eBay has marked them all done by 65%.  

I also have a clearance running for 65% off other items, but not these new items.  So I fix them back and wait.  Twenty minutes later, I went back to see how things were going.  Low and behold, eBay has reduced others down by 65%.  Unbelievable!  So I fix them too.  I go away for a bit, and when I return, yup... buttons I just listed back down by 65%.  Are You Freakin Kidding Me!

Now, my biggest worry is that it'll be changed over night and I'll sell at ridiculous amounts that will cover fees only. I'm so sick and tired of eBay, and I've only been back for a month! You'd think after selling since 2006, this **bleep** would be cleared up/resolved.

Janet and Paul
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I've read on the US boards about the new markdown manager adding new listings to the sale in certain circumstances. I haven't used it yet so am not that familiar with how it works but it may depend on how the sale is set up.  If I were you I would just try to cancel all sales until this gets figured out.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I only see four items with markdowns in the list of your items.

Fingers crossed those are the ones you wanted.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

my sales run for few ours after shows active but the items are in there regular price .Its been 2 days like this no solution from ebay >They offer me a shopping coupon .....Bleep
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Could you give us the number of a new item that has been erroneously marked down?

Because I only see the four.

If your new items have not yet indexed, the problem you see may correct itself by the time they do index and upload.

That may even be the reason why indexing takes time.

You may want to close all your marked down items immediately. They can stay in your Unsold Items list for a couple of months if necessary.

Use them as a "Boxing Day Blowout!" or something.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

And now  I see a dozen -- all in Bags/Backpacks/Purses.

Close them.

Right now.

Better to lose 30 cents on listing them than $30 on having to sell a $60 bag for $30.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I consider them (eBay) hacking into our auctions which should be illegal.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Short term (until this problem gets fixed):

Either

* shut down your 65% off clearance so it is not bleeding across to your other listings and then mark down the ones you want to clear out by using bulk edit to reduce the prices.

or

* mark up your new listings by 300% so the 65% off becomes the price you want.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I put my items on sale .But eBay have a glitch in the system and kicking them out of the sale .Its the end of the year i need to do inventory less items its better lol

Thank you 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply