Ebay.ca vs. Ebay.com questions

davickie
Community Member
Hi all, I am a new seller and has just recently posted an item for sale on ebay.ca. Please forgive me if I am asking, perhaps, a typical question - but I have done some research and tried editing my posting to ensure the currency is in US dollars and that the shipping includes option to ship to USA. These details are showing in my ad, when I edit it. However, when the posting is posted, it only says that it ships to Canada and nothing mentions shipping to US. I understand this is why my posting is not visible on ebay.com. As well, I was wondering what is the most optimal way to send parcels to the US. I reside in Calgary and won't be able to travel to the US to ship them there. I plan to print labels off PayPal and label parcels at home and then drop them off at Canada Post. I intend to sell a few miscellaneous dolls here and there, as well as some doll clothes (so both mid-size parcels and perhaps padded envelopes will be the mode of shipping). Thank you so much in advance for your advice!
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Try this...

Underneath international shipping which is where you should have the shipping service and cost to the U.S., there should be a pulldown underneath Additional Ship To Locations.

The pulldown should say that you ship to Canada and the following...and then you check off the United States

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thank you very much! I added this and can see it in my preview, but when it is posted, it does not show for whatever reason.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

But you did enter both a shipping service and a dollar amount for that service.?

Alternately, did you choose Calculated Shipping , choose a service, and lower down enter the parcel size and weight in metric?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Well there are rules for new sellers that want to sell internationally but since very few new sellers come here about this problem, I didn't think that they applied it very often. But perhaps that is the problem in this case.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/questions/sell_international_requirements.html

To sell internationally, you need to:

• Have an eBay account in good standing.

• Have a PayPal account and be PayPal Verified.

• Have at least 10 Feedback points earned as a seller.

• Have had your first successful sale more than 90 days ago.

• Meet the selling requirements of the sites where you want your listings to appear.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I believe I did, but it does not show in the final version of the listing.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Yes, I remember something like it, but I thought US does not count as 'international' ...
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

At least you can list 50/50 or 150/150, 500/500, etc free listings on ca and com monthly.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply