Shipping calculator not working??

deon36
Community Member

I had set-up an item to sell on Ebay.ca and also set up the shipping calculator with all the information needed. My poatal code...item dimensions...international shipping option...shipping method...but yet customers that are interested are msg'ing me asking what the cost is to ship to the states. It keeps coming up with a error msg saying "please input proper zip code or postal code.

How do I fix this?

The item in question has been sold but this will cause me issues on my next item I want to sell.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

On the listing just ended your shipping costs don't seem to be working for Canada or any other country. Which shipping option were you using for Canada, the U.S. and for other countries?

If you were using expedited USA more than likely the problem was the measurements as the minimum measurements for that service are bigger than for most other services.

If you entered less than 21cm x 14cm x .5cm, the calculator wouldn't work. But that doesn't explain why shipping wasn't work for other countries.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

The item appears to be small from the picture. Most likely the dimensions are under the minimum dimensions for the Canada post shipping service you used in the listing. When listing, the dimensions entered are for the package size and not the item size. You have to make sure the package dimensions meet the minimum. Same for weight, it is the package weight of the item packed, not the item weight.

The ebay listing form does not check much of what is entered for dimensions and weight for the shipping service chosen when using calculated shipping. However, once you have the listing live, it checks more closely and gives the message you got.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply