Turbo Lister Insertion Fees Ripoff

Turbo lister fails to pre-advise the seller actual insertion fees its going to charge a seller, my understanding was an on going promotion from ebay would not cause insertion fees but without advising, turbo lister just caused me insertion fees of US$20 per item for 2 items, Item #201018258364 and 201013729488. I do not think its a fair trade practice, ebay shall either stop allowing turbo lister or start pre-advising on to seller about insertion fees otherwise its  a clear violation of consumer rights, a rip-off, misrepresentation, financial/commercial fraud act to charge its customers without any warning.  

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

The fees have nothing to do with Turbo Lister.

"my understanding was an on going promotion"

What promotion?  Do you have a link?  Were you invited? Are you eligible? When does it start?  When does it end?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Also, if you have a link to the promotion, read the terms carefully.  Then read them again.

Is the promotion for auction style listings or fixed price listings?

Are listings in the "industrial equipment" eligible?

Also, I noticed you duplicated the same item in different categories.  Are you familiar with eBay's duplicate policy?

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/duplicate-listing.html

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

"I do not think its a fair trade practice, ebay shall either stop allowing turbo lister or start pre-advising on to seller about insertion fees otherwise its  a clear violation of consumer rights, a rip-off, misrepresentation, financial/commercial fraud act to charge its customers without any warning. "

Those are very strong words.  Do you have any evidence to back up your claim in a court of law?

By the way, did you check: http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/industrialfees.html

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I do not intend to file a legal claim, was **bleep** off when wrote this post about no information on the turbo lister prior to being charged and no option to reverse the charges.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I understand how a few people at times get upset and rant on these boards about their experience.

However, did you finally figured out what actually happened.  You seemed to blame Turbo Lister for the billing problem.  Have you figured out that the billing charges to your seller account were in fact correct?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

dmkle5
Community Member

I realize this is an old thread, but pierrelebel is missing hyporexdotca's point.  As far as I can tell, there is no way to know what the insertion fees will be by using Turbo Lister, which for me makes it nearly useless. I sell items with a low profit margin so listing fees are a critical issue for me. When listing items individually, the system shows what the fees are as you are listing the items, so you know if the listing is free or if there is a charge.  I have a certain number of free insertion fee listings each month, and then other promotions can add to this.  But I don't know for sure if they are free or not before committing to listing them with Turbo Lister.  Can anyone help if there is a workaround for this, is there a free way to upload multiple listings and know what the fees are going to be before the listings are posted?  I realize I could read the policies and I do, but there are times when I get more free listings than what these policies say I should have so it is important to know what the fees are going to be as I confirm the listings. I'm not necessarily saying that Turbo Lister is fraudulent, just that it would be much better if it did pre-advise of fees.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

OK to follow up to my own question, you can preview fees by choosing calculate fees from the tools menu in the upload section.  However, it is still inaccurate, it shows the insertion fees, but does not check what the actual fees will be.  It says "If you qualify for additional special offers, they will be applied after you upload your items." So, you don't know exactly what the insertion fees will be, it doesn't check your account to see if the listings will be free before you upload from Turbo Lister. So, as hyporexdotca mentioned, if the listings do charge insertion fees you are stuck with no way to reverse the charges.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

"...missing hyporexdotca's point."

???

The billing problem had nothing to do with Turbo Lister.  That was the point.

The listings were charged the correct listing fee and were NOT subject to the promotion.

End of that story.  I do not see the point in bringing it back seven months later.

As far as Turbo Lister is concerned, you may not be familiar with the program but it is installed on the sellers computer, not on eBay servers.

When sellers use Selling Manager bulk listing tools or "Sell your Item 3.0", they are using eBay's servers and the fee information is picked up by the program, including promotional fees for each listing.  However, when using Turbo Lister from your computer, promotional fee information is not available as your computer has no way of knowing if each one of your listings is eligible to the promotion.

It does not change the fact that the correct listing fees are charged by eBay regardless of the tool you use.

"is there a free way to upload multiple listings and know what the fees are going to be before the listings are posted?"

Yes, Selling Manager bulk listing tool does just that.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

"...missing hyporexdotca's point."

???

The billing problem had nothing to do with Turbo Lister.  That was the point.

The listings were charged the correct listing fee and were NOT subject to the promotion.

Thanks for getting back on this.  Hyporexdotca was not saying the charges were incorrect, just complaining that Turbo Lister did not advise of the charges before the listings were live. It is very helpful to be able to review the charges before making a decision of whether or not to list the items.  Yes, you could do it directly with eBay and as you point out with selling manager, but if Turbo Lister is supposed to be a helpful tool to do multiple listings then it would be nice to know this before confirming listing the items. Whatever the function of Turbo Lister may be, to me it is useless due to this issue.

---"is there a free way to upload multiple listings and know what the fees are going to be before the listings are posted?"

Yes, Selling Manager bulk listing tool does just that.

Thank you for this information. I have used Selling Manager for multiple listings before and found it awkward, I was hoping to use Turbo Lister to have listings conveniently in one inventory folder for easy editing and bulk uploading. Maybe this discussion, though brought back from the dead, will prompt more discussion to increase efficiency of listings with no surprises after the listings go live.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is one of many reasons that I don't use Tubor lister from what I heard from one of sellers that had horrible experiences. One of them has their listings listed twice same and yet charged insertion fees for double listings and she got penalized by eBay for that!! All that due to so-called glitch by eBay!! Duh!!
Message 11 of 11
latest reply