URGENT : Error using File Exchange

Hey guys!

It's my first time using File Exchange.

I managed to solve quite a few errors in my upload file but this one seems to be beyond me.

Is there a way for me to download my current listing in the format of the File Exchange template? That would be FANTASSSSSTICCCCCC!

So... I have tried like 12 different possibility for the field "*Location" but I always get the following error message after uploading my file :

"Error - No <Item.Location> exists or <Item.Location> is specified as an empty tag in the request.|Item.Location|"

I have tried :

City, Province, Country

Province, Country

Country

Postal code

Postal code with a space (X0X 0X0)

Removing the *Location field and replacing is with a PostalCode field

Nothing seems to work and I have seen so much conflictual solution for this and google and nothing works...

PLEASE, I would be SO GRATEFUL if anyone could help me through this one.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Have you tried, very specifically:

"St-Romuald, QC, Canada" ?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I use the PostalCode field instead of Location and fill it with my postal code formatted like this: L4A 7X5

I'm not sure why that wouldn't work for you, except perhaps maybe you live in a new development that was assigned a new postal code in the last year or so - sometimes new postal codes can't be found in lookups for quite a long time.

Oh - that's for listing on .CA  When I use the .COM template I use *Location like this:  Stouffville, ON, CAN

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Hey!

Yeah I have... should I also try including the quotes (I'm desperate)?

Does it have something to do with the fact that I chose "Calculated" for my "ShippingType"?

Do I need to add some fields because of this?

For instance, do I need the "ShipFromZipCode" or "ShipFromPostalCode"?

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Also ask your File Exchange questions in the ebay.com Tools & Apps forum. Several users over there who know the tool as well as eBay Tech Support answers questions. They also come to this forum on eBay.ca but usually only visit once or twice a week to check for questions on eBay Selling Tools.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

"Does it have something to do with....."

I think it has to do with listing on eBay.com or listing on eBay.ca.  The requirements for the field may be slightly different.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I have the Canadian template and am on the .CA site when trying to upload.

I don't know if this is asking too much but could anyone please send me an example of file he successfully uploaded?

Simply leave 1 line and replace your personal information with generic stuff if you like "City", etc. I'm sure that would allow me to find what I'm doing wrong.

I'm amazed that after searching for nearly 3 hours I haven't found anything like this (let alone a solution for my uploading issue)

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I'm depressed... I have all my 1,000 listings ready in a Excel workbook but can't list anything because of some dumb error.

Could anyone please just copy paste the column headers of the file he uploads? At least I can make sure I have the right columns and work from there.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I've never used file exchange so I can't help you but have you tried asking for help in the Tools and Apps ebay.com forum as poco suggested?

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

That is the developers site, go to eBay.com forum Tools & Apps forum.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Tools-Apps/bd-p/tools-apps-db

This forum has activity on File Exchange and other eBay tools daily.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Wow I'm stupid...

I love you btw!! ❤️ 🙂

Message 12 of 12
latest reply