"Size" option greyed out when listing clothing

Yesterday i tried listing a pair of athletic shorts.  I created my listing, selected "regular" and when i attempted to click the pulldown menu for size (which has an asterisk beside it so it's not optional) it was greyed out and i could not enter a value.  As such, when i tried listing without, i got the "oops you forgot something" error.  No..i didn't forget it, ebay won't let me select it.  I tried everything i could think of including changing the category and nothing worked.  I ended the listing, tried again today and same thing happened.  I did a few "test" clothing items in different categories and all had the same issue.  I'd rather not phone ebay because i only have 50 long distance minutes a month on my phone and really don't want to waste all 50 being on hold with them.  

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Did Item Specifics have  a 'make your own Item Specific' choice?

You might try that.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

sadly, it does not.  I've just tried listing again in the athletic apparel and this is what i get.Capture list.PNG

I can enter the brand, style and size type but not size.  Unfortunately, unless i put in size, it doesn't allow the listing to proceed.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Seems like an eBay glitch. I see a similar problem on eBay.com here posted 20 minutes ago.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Seller-Hub/Men-s-Shirt-Size-Glitch/m-p/27622156

It may be a temporary thing so try later today.

Did you try clearing your browser cache and cookies? Sometimes eBay makes system changes on the fly and old code might be in your browser.

If you have another browser on your computer, try it.

Post back if any of these suggestions work or if it just starts working so readers know what happened.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

More topics showing up on eBay.com about this in the Technical Issues forum.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Listing-Feature-quot-shirt-size-quot-Dropdown-Not-Wor...

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

My computer settings are set to clear my cookies and cache  when i shut down the computer each night (because otherwise i'd have a cookie pileup as i forget to clear it manually)  

I will try to re-list again this evening and see if they've fixed it.  One would think that if it's an ebay glitch, ebay would notify of the issue..or better yet, just fix it.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

One would think that if it's an ebay glitch, ebay would notify of the issue..or better yet, just fix it.

How sweetly optimistic of you.

Sigh.

I see you do put the size of your items in the title. So that's good.

Have you checked your titles on a smartphone? You might want to move important info up to be among the first four or five words for your phone shoppers.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@lilacshiloh100 wrote:

sadly, it does not.  I've just tried listing again in the athletic apparel and this is what i get.

I can enter the brand, style and size type but not size.  Unfortunately, unless i put in size, it doesn't allow the listing to proceed.

Hi @lilacshiloh100,

Thank you for making me aware of this. I can confirm that this has been reported and we are working on it. We appreciate your patience!

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

well, 2 days now and still unable to post clothing items in a clothing category because of the glitch. 😞

it's very frustrating.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

now a full three days and this issue is still happening.  I bet if it were a glitch preventing e-bay sellers from paying their ebay invoice fees, it would be fixed within hours.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

it's now been a full week and the issue is still not resolved

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Hi @lilacshiloh100,

A fix is in place so you should have no problems listing from now on. If that is not the case, please let me know. Thank you for your patience and happy selling!

Message 12 of 13
latest reply