2016 Fall Seller Update

Hello Canadian sellers,

Today we have published the details of the 2016 Fall Seller Update. You can read the details here, and use this thread for any questions. I'll do my best to reply as time permits.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 79
latest reply
78 REPLIES 78

2016 Fall Seller Update

What are sellers supposed to do that have 1000's of listings on Turbo Lister with it being no longer supported?

Message 2 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

I have serious misgivings about the integrity of the Product Catalogue. On the rare occasion where I have had a match, the Item Specifics are grossly incorrect and contaminate my pristine listing with mis-information. What assurance is ebay giving to sellers that these egregious errors will be rectified before we are forced into using them on all our listings? If I allowed them to stand on mine, buyers would easily win SNAD as a result of the Product Catalogue details.

For more information, please see:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/eBay-to-Announce-2016-Fall-Seller-Release-Today/td-p/3490...

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/BEWARE-THE-BULK-EDITOR-ADDS-PRODUCT-CATALOGUE-DETAILS-TO-...

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Site-Issues/Bulk-Listing-manager-Malfunction-on-Product-Identiifers/m-p/...

Message 3 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

Also, what does this mean? Generally speaking, I care little about being priced competitively against other sellers because I offer service that I believe exceeds the competition. Sellers will still be allowed to set the price they see fit, right?

• Better data, insights, and guidance. Listings that include product identifiers are eligible for:
    • More accurate pricing guidance at the time of listing 
    • Buyer-facing trending price, which lets buyers know that your item is competitively priced
Message 4 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

Where do we find this Seller Hub.

I too have thousands of listings on Turbo Lister, and would like to figure out this Hub thing before I continue adding listings to Turbo Lister.

Will I be able to store my database on my computer like I do with Turbo Lister?

Will I be able to transfer listings in Bulk from Turbo Lister to the Hub, without a lot of mucked up data that has to be rechecked and re-done, or do I have to, or am I better off to just start over again (That's a depressing thought)

So many questions, I guess I'd like as much information as possible about transferring from Turbo Lister to the Hub.

Message 5 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

I agree with mjwl on the Product Catalogue.

The glitch that brought up information on Lady Chatterly's Lover when the ISBN for Anne of Green Gables seems to have been corrected, but the Book section does not support ISBNs from Canada or Australia nor does it support those from most British publishers.

I wonder if our friend zee-chan is able to use it for her Japanese published manga?

And of course the ISBN was introduced only in the 1970s, and was not in widespread use for nearly 20 years after that. I hope Not Available or Not Applicable is still going to be an option for us vintage and antiquarian booksellers.

Which brings up sewing patterns, where a UPC is demanded, although patterns don't have UPCs. I've been using the MPN just in case, but I don't think it is right.

And while we're at it, sewing patterns may be unused/uncut and factory folded without being 'new'.

From what I'm reading the seller can use her own numbers- which means I guess I can install any random number in that box. Well, that's one way to identify thieves stealing descriptions, I guess.

Did Amazon give eBay permission to use those ASIN numbers?

Message 6 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

Lady Chatterly's Lover for Anne of Green Gables? Now that is funny in a terrible kind of way. 

Message 7 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

???

All the Category Changes sub-pages show the changes taking place in 2016

except for Entertainment Memorabilia which is dated June 2010

-..-

Message 8 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

@dutchman48 wrote:

What are sellers supposed to do that have 1000's of listings on Turbo Lister with it being no longer supported?

Hi dutchman,

Unfortunately, sellers who use Turbo Lister to create their listings will have to move to another tool. Assuming that in your example, the seller's 1000's of listings are live on the site, they should be able to pick up management of their listings and inventory from Selling Manager or any other tool.

Message 9 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@dutchman48 wrote:

Hi dutchman,

Unfortunately, sellers who use Turbo Lister to create their listings will have to move to another tool. Assuming that in your example, the seller's 1000's of listings are live on the site, they should be able to pick up management of their listings and inventory from Selling Manager or any other tool.

But selling manager and selling manager pro will also both be gone!

Message 10 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

@dutchman48 wrote:

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@dutchman48 wrote:

Hi dutchman,

But selling manager and selling manager pro will also both be gone!

If you look closely at the announcement, you'll see that there isn't a Seller Tools page in the eBay.ca announcement, the link takes you to eBay.com.

Selling Manager and Selling Manager Pro can only go away once Seller Hub is in place, so rest assured, you can continue using Selling Manager on eBay.ca until such time as Selling Hub launches here. 

In the meantime, I would highly recommend for everyone to opt-in to Seller Hub on eBay.com and start getting a feel for it., It's a truly fantastic tool that has all the functionality of SM/SMPro and more.

Message 11 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

@mjwl2006 wrote:

I have serious misgivings about the integrity of the Product Catalogue. On the rare occasion where I have had a match, the Item Specifics are grossly incorrect and contaminate my pristine listing with mis-information. What assurance is ebay giving to sellers that these egregious errors will be rectified before we are forced into using them on all our listings? If I allowed them to stand on mine, buyers would easily win SNAD as a result of the Product Catalogue details.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/eBay-to-Announce-2016-Fall-Seller-Release-Today/td-p/3490...

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/BEWARE-THE-BULK-EDITOR-ADDS-PRODUCT-CATALOGUE-DETAILS-TO-...

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Site-Issues/Bulk-Listing-manager-Malfunction-on-Product-Identiifers/m-p/...

Hi Maureen,

As far as I know, the issue with the bulk edit tool changing item specifics has been resolved.

In terms of guaranteeing accuracy in the catalogue, all I can say is we will correct errors as they show up. There is a team 100% dedicated to making sure that product identifiers connect to the right catalogue products. If you run into this kind of issue, please report the error promptly via the link provided on the product page.

Message 12 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Also, what does this mean? Generally speaking, I care little about being priced competitively against other sellers because I offer service that I believe exceeds the competition. Sellers will still be allowed to set the price they see fit, right?

• Better data, insights, and guidance. Listings that include product identifiers are eligible for:
    • More accurate pricing guidance at the time of listing 
    • Buyer-facing trending price, which lets buyers know that your item is competitively priced

Please note that the page where you took this information is an eBay.com page. These are Seller Hub features.

Pricing guidance (we don't have pricing guidance yet on eBay.ca) helps sellers figure out what they should price their item at in order to get maximum conversion (or, if selling by auction, to realize the highest possible price), based on real sales data from similar items. That guidance was just improved for the launch of Seller Hub.

Message 13 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

@around_again_records wrote:

Where do we find this Seller Hub.

I too have thousands of listings on Turbo Lister, and would like to figure out this Hub thing before I continue adding listings to Turbo Lister.

Will I be able to store my database on my computer like I do with Turbo Lister?

Will I be able to transfer listings in Bulk from Turbo Lister to the Hub, without a lot of mucked up data that has to be rechecked and re-done, or do I have to, or am I better off to just start over again (That's a depressing thought)

So many questions, I guess I'd like as much information as possible about transferring from Turbo Lister to the Hub. 

Hi around_again_records,

Seller Hub is only available on eBay.com for now.

I'm not sure how much of the stuff you have in Turbo Lister you'll be able to move back to eBay, as Seller Hub will work slightly differently in terms of how it'll manage your inventory and listings. One thing for sure, the listings that are live will be there in Seller Hub and you'll be able to duplicate/save/copy from them without problems. The part I'm unsure about would be templates that you may have in TL.

Message 14 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Did Amazon give eBay permission to use those ASIN numbers?

Yes.

Message 15 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

???

All the Category Changes sub-pages show the changes taking place in 2016

except for Entertainment Memorabilia which is dated June 2010

-..-

Hi ypdc_dennis,

Could you give me the link to the page in question? Thanks!

Message 16 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Hi Maureen,

As far as I know, the issue with the bulk edit tool changing item specifics has been resolved.

In terms of guaranteeing accuracy in the catalogue, all I can say is we will correct errors as they show up. There is a team 100% dedicated to making sure that product identifiers connect to the right catalogue products. If you run into this kind of issue, please report the error promptly via the link provided on the product page.

Unless that happened within the last two weeks, no, it has not. I spent an more than an hour trying to get rid of it from one of my Hot Wheels Retro Entertainment listings one lovely August weekend.

Where do I find the 'link' on the Product Page? I am assuming it will allow me to do so before I incorporate that corrupt data to my listing? Can you show me a screenshot, please? 

Thank you,

Maureen

Message 17 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

If I opt into the Seller Hub on .com as you are recommending, can I list on .ca in Canadian $$ from there? 

Message 18 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

Hello Raphael,

A lot of piffle!

In the shipping and returns sections, it is based on ebay generated USPS return labels.  Is there not a Canadian Fall Seller Update?

For product id, it states:  "By February 2017, for most categories, newly-created listings will require at least one type of product identifier (e.g. UPC, GTIN, one of the above, etc.). Also, note that the options “Does not Apply” and “NA” will no longer be available for the majority of items." 

Most of my items are either old, antiques, collectibles or "stuff" with no UPC,  What does one put  for these items?

Did I miss reading about the new and improved shopping cart?

Thanks for your efforts on behalf of us Canucks,

Judith

Message 19 of 79
latest reply

2016 Fall Seller Update

@theodoreides wrote:

If I opt into the Seller Hub on .com as you are recommending, can I list on .ca in Canadian $$ from there? 

You can only list on eBay.com from eBay.com, so no.

What I'm suggesting is to test drive Seller Hub since it's available on eBay.com.

Message 20 of 79
latest reply