New shipping Tool ???

I received an email from PayPal indicating  "Now you can save on shipping with PayPal and Canada Post" . Is this a new tool other than shippo which I already signed up for.

CANADA POST | POSTES CANADA
Solutions for Small Business
The next time you make a sale through PayPal and want to ship your product to a customer, take advantage of our new shipping tool. You will be able to register within your PayPal account for Canada Post Solutions for Small Business™. Registration is one-time, easy and free.

By signing up, you'll be eligible to save up to: 36% on domestic shipments* | 47% on international shipments*

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: New shipping Tool ???

Not new.

This is PayPal using your Canada Post Solutions for Small Business (formerly Venture One) membership rates to buy shipping from Canada Post.  Been in effect since May.

You can get the same rates(*) buying from the Canada Post website -- except you can use PayPal to pay rather than credit card.

Canada Post's new Snap Ship service has a 15% extra discount until the end of July (paypal only gets the extra 15% discount for Canadian Expedited parcels)

-..-

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

How does it compare to Shippo?  What do you think.  Thanks for taking the time to respond 🙂

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

ypdc_dennis has been keeping an eye on this for a while now.

If you click on his name you will get a list of recent posts, some of which answer your questions.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@kussacat wrote:

How does it compare to Shippo?  What do you think.  Thanks for taking the time to respond 🙂

Interface:

PayPal has been playing around with shipping for years, so their interface is reasonable. Shippo need more design work.

Payment:

PayPal is immediate. Shippo is currently billing once a week (or thereabouts). Some people like immediate.

Cost (until July 31):

Small Packet (Air) -- eBay rate through Shippo wins for USA and International. And it looks like you can also buy third-party insurance for Small Packet (Canada Post stopped offering insurance for Small Packet a few ago). Anything else CP's Snap Ship (or PayPal for Expedited Parcel Canada) with the extra 15% discount.

Cost (starting August 1):

Canada

Expedited Parcel -- eBay rate through Shippo wins. 

United States

Tracked Packet (USA), Expedited Parcel and USA Small Packet -- eBay rates through Shippo are best.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/July-rates-eBay-Shippo-vs-Canada-Post-Snap-Ship-vs-PayPal...

International

Small Packet (Air) continues as discount winner for Shippo. For other services it doesn't matter whether you pick Shippo, PayPal or Canada Post -- all the same cost online.

-..-

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

The only thing I will add to your post is that Paypal Shipping has still NOT gotten around to adding all 31 destinations offered by Canada Post Tracked Packet. It has only half listed among their countries. So if you need to ship to an international destination via Tracked Packet, you need to check this list to determine whether Paypal Shipping offers it or whether you need to go with Shippo or Snap Ship.

INTERNATIONAL DESTINATIONS SERVED BY CANADA POST TRACKED PACKET FEB 1 2017
Please note that not all are reflected or offered via Paypal Shipping; these are denoted with NO
Austria NO
Australia YES
Belgium YES
Brazil NO
Croatia YES
Denmark YES
Estonia YES
Finland YES
France YES
Germany YES
Hong Kong NO
Hungary NO
Ireland YES
Iceland NO
Italy NO
Latvia YES
Lithuania NO
Luxembourg YES
Malaysia YES
Malta YES
Netherlands YES
New Zealand YES
Poland NO
Portugal NO
Singapore YES
South Korea NO
Spain YES
Sweden YES
Switzerland YES
Turkey NO
United Kingdom YES
USA YES

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Payment:

PayPal is immediate. Shippo is currently billing once a week (or thereabouts). Some people like immediate.

With the last label I purchased on Shippo  I noticed later that day that the amount had already been taken out of my Paypal account so if it isn't immediate, it is fairly quick.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I had real trouble with shippo last night.  I had contracted with my buyer to use Canada Post Expedited Shipping to USA from Canada.  I have no idea what happened but I got 4 Fed Ex labels when I tried to print

When I looked at my paypal Shippo had immediately deducted $178.00.....gone Whoosh.....instead of asked for $38.00 shipping label.......spent three on phone with ebay and paypal.....no solutions yet!!!

any help appreciated.....this is a blow for my wee business.....

mags

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Well, it looks like we no longer will receive any shipping discounts via Shippo based on an email I just received:

"As of July 1st, 2018, the shipping rates you access through Shippo for Canada Post shipping services will change to reflect Canada Post’s standard rates."

So long Shippo! Back to Paypal or SnapShip.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

If you put in a request with Shippo they will invoice if you set things up with a minimum amount. I set mine up back in 2017 with $10.00. Usually see billing within the hour of processing a shipment. Confirm with Shippo. It may be possible to have immediate billing if that's your preference.

-CM

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Thread from 2017

Still some useful information but be careful about rate comparisons, which have changed several times.

@ypdc_dennis  I wonder if this means no discounts or that the Canada Post rates have changed suddenly?

I have managed to make only three labels with Shippo since it's inception, although I try it every time if only for the rate comparison.  I make about five labels a month with SnapShip and everything else has stamps.

When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?-- John Ball, 1381

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I certainly read the language as: you will not get a discount, you will pay regular rates. I don't care if CanPost raises their prices, that's their business, but if I no longer receive my 'Solutions for Small Business' discount on the regular rates, there's no reason for me to use Shippo.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Thread from 2017

Still some useful information but be careful about rate comparisons, which have changed several times.

@ypdc_dennis  I wonder if this means no discounts or that the Canada Post rates have changed suddenly?

I have managed to make only three labels with Shippo since it's inception, although I try it every time if only for the rate comparison.  I make about five labels a month with SnapShip and everything else has stamps.

Too little info at this point.  I suspect Shippo might be removing the Canada Post discounts for non-eBay purchases.

I would expect to hear from eBay if their Canada Post discounts are disappearing.

Aside from this thread, I have heard nothing about this, so I'll wait before worrying.

-..-

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Ebay did send out a notice:

eBay Canada

Canada Post Shipping Rate Changes

As of July 1st, 2018, the shipping rates you access through Shippo for Canada Post shipping services will change to reflect Canada Post’s standard rates.

You don’t need to take any action as a result of this change, and the new rates will be calculated automatically when you use Shippo to print a label on or after July 1st.

Learn more about Shippo shipping labels. 

Thank you for selling on eBay."

The way I read it we no longer have any discounts and pay regular Canada Post rates. Why bother with Shippo any more?

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Exactly!
Message 15 of 15
latest reply