Selling an Items on Ebay - Message From Buyer

Just a reminder for all the other Seller, If a potential buyer send you a message about an item, and you didn't reply, your item is put on hold until you replied back to his/her message..

Exemple, I am selling an item, a buyer ask me a question, I reply with the answer.. until then, no problems.. but if she/he reply back, saying something like (thank you).. and you didn't reply to that message even if it's just a thank you, your item will be put on hold until you reply.. unbelievable...

A work around is to go under your selling and select your item; more action and select: already respond to the question.. but if you are like me and have several items for sale, and several email saying thank you or something like that..  it's time consuming...for nothing.. still can't believe it, I almost lost a sale for that...

I already put a complaint to ebay to change their policy, but in the mean time, hopefully it will help a co-seller..

Have a great day all..

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@arsend76 wrote:

Just a reminder for all the other Seller, If a potential buyer send you a message about an item, and you didn't reply, your item is put on hold until you replied back to his/her message..

What do you mean "put on hold" ?

Is this for an item you have sold? Or is this for an active listing?  BIN or auction?

-..-

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@arsend76 wrote:

I have never had anything like this happen or even heard about it.  Are you able to tell us what item it was about?  Do you mean like if a buyer says "Do you offer combined shipping?" and you say "Yes I do," and they say "Great thanks", the item is somehow tied up and can't be bought by someone else?  I really hope that's not right.  If its an item with Best Offer and they made an offer that is still sitting on the item?  Best offers last 48 hours and a seller can accept, counteroffer, decline, or ignore.  That still doesn't put an item "on hold" and out of reach of others.  That makes no sense.  EBay wants to sell sell sell.  Can you say more about it?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I'm not sure why you think that but an item does not get put on hold for a buyer unless they actually click on buy it now or have won an auction.  Answering or not answering a question doesn't affect the status of an item that you have for sale.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

A customer is only a buyer when he sends you money.

Until then he is at best a bidder.

Questions can be answered or ignored by sellers.

Really weird, dumb or obnoxious questions may lead the seller to put the customer on her Blocked Bidder List, in self-defense.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Sorry for the late reply.. .sorry if I wasn't clear enough..

Exemple: If I put an item for sale (auction) with the option of (buy it now).. When a buyer send you a question, the (buy it now) option will disapear until you answer his/her question...
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Hmmm I've never seen or heard of that happening.  It wouldn't make any sense.  The buy it now option does disappear in some categories when you get a bid.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Yes I know.. to be more precise, the last time it happen it was a cellphone that i was selling.. anyway, keep an eye on this.. have a great weekend.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

It likely disappeared cause u got a bid

Message 9 of 9
latest reply