does anybody seams to see sale have drop to extreme zero what is going on :(

do you see sale have drop on ebay or what ...................................

is it only me what wrong with my add

😞

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same problem and so is one of my friend. I really don't know what is the problem I had 23 listings lat week and only 1 sale !!!! I am sort of glad to see that I am not the only one but I sure would like to know what the heck is going on.....

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

"I sure would like to know what the heck is going on....."

I took a quick look and could not find any of your listings on eBay.ca in the last three months.  I then checked eBay.com and found them - unsold.

Books in French (Tintin) listed in the USA in US dollars and not shown in Canada - that is the problem.

I suggest you list those books on eBay-Canada in Canadian dollar as they would most likely be more attractive to Canadian buyers.  If you also want your books shown on eBay.com (good idea as many Canadians shop on eBay.com) then you simply need to add a shipping method (Canada Post) and a shipping charge to the USA. Without a listed shipping method/charge to the USA, your listings will NOT be shown on eBay.com

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

have you look at my add do you see any problem with my add

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

I looked at a few and you have competitors offering a better deal overall.  For example:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=Stanley+H1203&_sop=12

Then you offer* Toastmaster * Steam Dry Clothing * Iron * FER Repasser * Condition New *   with over Cdn$ 16.00 ship...

and many other items where the shipping charge is higher than the selling price of the item.

Some items are listed in US$ although their appeal is strictly local (Canadian),  They should be listed in Cdn$.  For example:

2 livre prière NEUVAINE divine miséricorde SOEUR FAUSTINE jesus MISSEL NOVENA

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

I have the same problem since I changed all my listings to Canadian Dollars as suggested by ebay. I also needed to change all my shipping to tracked shipping to the US because I had too many "Item not received " cases and had to give refunds. The problem is, that  a small scale seller like me cannot afford to offer free shipping.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

The shipping costs are the same whether the item is 1.00 or 100.00. Maybe we should not sell items under 15.00. It depends what you are selling. We offer combined shipping and free shipping on orders of 100.00 an up.
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Yes eBay suggested & promotes that Canadian sellers should list in Canadian dollars - what do they know? -  if Canadian sellers' buyers are mainly USA or elsewhere, it makes no sense to switch from USD to CDN. I did not & do not plan to do so. eBay does not know what is best for any given individual seller.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

I can see why sales have drop, some of the sellers are very misleading on their items they are trying to sell and when I sent the items back they did not refund my money.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

" why sales have drop"

eBay has tens of millions of sellers.

Every month thousands will complain that sales have dropped while millions just do not bother to post.  They are busy selling!

That is one aspect of discussion boards folks have to keep in mind.  People usually come here because they have something to complain about.,  Happy members do not.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

"what do they know? "

For more information about what eBay knows, please take a look at:

http://announcements.ebay.ca/2015/08/27/7703/

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

A drop in sales is usual during an election year, it is even more pronounced this year with a slow economy. I've also had a sizable reduction in sales over the last two months. Other coin shops are in the same boat.

The Holiday season is just around the corner, now it is just a matter of placing yourself in a good position to maximize your sales.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

@anguscoinshop wrote:

A drop in sales is usual during an election year, it is even more pronounced this year with a slow economy.  

I hadn't thought about it, but now that you mention it, I wonder if the election fever in the U.S. is keeping my U.S. buyers away in droves?  The trouble is, the hype and fever over the American election process seems to go on for months, if not years.  

Usually October/November are my best months.  It's been worse than dismal so far this year, even with more listings than ever.  I've really run out of ideas... it's just a waiting game now. Woman Indifferent

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

The problem is, that  a small scale seller like me cannot afford to offer free shipping.

I offer "free" shipping on most of my items-- and most of those are priced at $9,99 USD (about $13CDN).

Free shipping just means that the cost of shipping is included in the asking price.

Which is cheapest?

A $10 item with $15 shipping?

A $15 item with $10 shipping?

A $25 item with Free Shipping?

They all cost the buyer the same don't they? But which is the buyer most likely to go for?

I did add shipping to selling price until last year, when the drop in the Cdn dollar meant I could keep my US price without losing money on shipping.

That is, I continued my years long practice of offering my (used, thrift store) goods at $10USD but my costs had dropped by about 25% since I was buying in Cdn dollars and my asking price had risen 25% because I sell in US dollars.

That 25% rise allows me to ship 'free'.

I do sell more expensive items on another ID and there the rise allows me to use tracked shipping if I feel it necessary.

Some categories are more prone to fraud than others. Buyers in my categories tend to read the descriptions and follow instructions. YMMV.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

when I sent the items back they did not refund my money.

There is a system for refunds on unsatisfactory goods.

EBay and Paypal both will cover you. Also you have the chargeback policy of your credit card and I hope you use your cc as a backup to your PP account.

You go to the Resolution Centre.

You are instructed to send the item back WITH TRACKING.

When the tracking shows the item is back with the seller, he is required to refund you.

If he does not do this promptly, eBay/PP will refund you. (Then they go after the seller for their money. )

If you returned the item, you have about 45 days from purchase to open a Dispute with eBay, and 180 days to open a Dispute with PP.

But you must be able to prove the item has been delivered to the seller.

Message 15 of 23
latest reply

I see my sales are almost non existent on all 4 sites and then I read the latest invite to list in CAD for free.

What really bit my bunnies is this:

"Millions of buyers are now shopping for the holidays, and we’re sending them your way."

Does this mean because my sites sell in USD that no one can see my stock until I switch to CAD?

Why would they say that they were sending them our way? Have they not been sending them our way all along?

Is that why there are other threads on this board mentioning invisible listings?

I am and always will be a paranoid looking at US seller protectionism as the boogeyman preventing my stock to be viewed as long as threads like this keep popping up!

Yoda, 

I'm busy trying to sell, not doing too hot, and I don't have time to come to this board to complain because it's like waving your sword at a windmill!  It's Saturday night and I'm busy finding some of the 300 items eBay killed by accident during the summer upgrade. I'm on a break and wanted to get noisy.

I check the demographics on most of my stock. I always price my items less than the competition. 

So why did the seller in the States get twice as much as I was asking for the same type of item, while mine does not sell at all?

Every once in awhile I get a rush of sales on all active sites. It's like someone accidentally flipped a switch so my stock could be viewed, then just as suddenly, the sales stop?  

I don't like being told what currency to sell in. Especially with the Paypal mastercard only being able to access my USD balance.

I will be listing item in this CAD only sale, but I will also have a page open to see what the conversion rate is.

Just more hassle to deal with. Almost easier to click sell similar and change the currency back to USD. wait for the hiccup then make sure your shipping weight has not changed. 

I'm going to ask again, with hat in hand, please fix the currency shipping debacle in the last upgrade and stop trying to tell us that it's better to sell in CAD when it's not advantageous in all categories to all sellers.

Why would I want to focus on the Canadian population? There are only 36 million of us. 12% are under 14 years of age, 12.5% are over 65 and I can tell you that most seniors do not own computers. I am the exception, not the rule.

Now this takes us down to only around 27 million who might have enough money after taxes to buy something on eBay.ca

But will they?

Not with Canada Post charging excessive amounts in shipping across country, (small packets that do not fit through the gage,) when they can get the same item, at the same price for  pennies in comparison from China or half the price in shipping from the States?

I don't care to sell to only a tiny population. I need the world market place please and since the USD rules, I would prefer to use that currency..

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

a bit of a switcharoo for me here - am testing the waters on this listing in CDN by way of the recent free listing promo listing, listing in a variety of categories & will assess the outcome...
Message 17 of 23
latest reply

I'm replying to myself on this subject under another site name.

I see no difference in the sales whether I post them in USD or CAD. 

I've been switching them back to USD and they sell just the same.

I still say it's a glitch in the coding that eBay is trying to cover up with their propaganda campaign of some things sell better in CAD. Not true whatsoever for all categories.

Since I have mentioned this a couple of times and no one has bothered to correct me, then I assume I am right.

When I click sell similar I want it in USD not have to cancel the listing after I accidentally post it in CAD.

The funds show up in whatever currency of the country, so why not fix the glitch?

What I do want to remark on that goes with my US protectionism paranoia.

Sunday afternoon, the 12 th, in 1 hour, I sold 6 items on 3 sites, all to US citizens.

Since that golden hour, I have sold 1 of the next 7 sold items to the US.

Why is this?

It looked like someone accidentally clicked a switch and my stock was visible for that hour on .com then they clicked it again to shut the view off? 

This can't be right. Why are the customers in the States not buying my stock this past week?

I have over 1,000 listings live. 100% positive feedback and 15 years experience.

These sales where across all 3 active sites.

If .com is going to limit my sales to a mere 35 million Canadians I really don't see the point in listing.

I do need to pay for my new roof, and I'd like some storm doors, so I will keep trying, but it would be nice if I sold more than .01%.

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

"Since I have mentioned this a couple of times and no one has bothered to correct me, then I assume I am right."

???

You do know the meaning of "assume", don't you?

One could spend two lifetimes correcting errors in postings by relatively inexperienced sellers.  Why should anyone bother?  Nobody gets paid to post here.

While different sellers may have different "opinions" on the subject, I basically agree with you that you did not discern any significant differences selling in US$ or Cdn$.  My selling experience is similar.

As such, if your assessment is correct, it would be financially rewarding for you and your bank account to list in Cdn$ exclusively.

Why?

Because you would save approximately 3% conversion fee charged by PayPal on every transaction currently paid in US$.

At the end of the year 3% does add up to a lot of money.

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

It does me no service to list in CAD since I can not access the funds with my Paypal Debit/Mastercard.

Sure it's great not to pay the exchange when I ship funds up to my bank account but that's why I keep one of my sites selling in CAD.

The card gives me a 1% cash refund on all credit card type transactions. 

Let's do a little rounded off math for the fun of it.

Yesterday's bill at Canada Post came to $27.65 CAD

It shows in Paypal as $19.79 USD

Currency converter today says. 27.65 CAD=19.81 USD

I lose 2 cents and gain 27 cent with the 1% rebate.

I'm not paying any exchange at all, I'm making money!

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I was top of my class in math and physics but that was a long time ago.

I think you will agree that I'm right to stay selling in USD and so would everyone else using a Paypal Mastercard. 

Yes I know the meaning of assume, I used the word in proper context. I was asking a question, did I forget my question mark again? Sorry me bad.

I do think you should have skipped that comment I assume was directed at me, about my being relatively inexperienced after 15 years of selling on eBay? My total feedback score from all 4 sites is not overly high, but it is over 3300.

I hope that my information on the use of the card makes up for your lack of payment?

Have a lovely evening.

Message 20 of 23
latest reply