ebay screwed up seller manager

was just trying doing 10 per cent off as i have done before,now they screwed that up,wth is going on with ebay???quit changing things for the worst,if it works leave it alone,think its time to get rid of the store,im thinkin maybe they just got a new kid hired on and he has an idea that dont work

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

This is strange... markdown manager works for me. I currently have some items on sale in fact.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

The old markdown manager doesn't work for me. Clicking "create sale" now takes me to the new promotions manager system for doing that, but clicking the actual "promotions manager" link on the left side leads to an "under maintenance" message. This means the only thing I can do with sales right now is create them. I can't edit them at all. Why is such an important feature so broken?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

dhslk
Community Member

Hi. I have been having this issue for a few weeks. For a day or two, I was still able to access the old Selling Manager by using Explorer, instead of Mozilla or Google Chrome. Now, it just sends me to the US version and shows that I have only 1 item (the lone item that I had listed in US$ on ebay.com)  when I try to add items to the sale.  It is not seeing my Canadian$ listings.

I am registered on .ca but my store was registered on .com many, many years ago (I'm not sure it was even possible back then to register it on .ca).  I was wondering if you are, like me, in this tiny subset of sellers and if that could possibly be the problem. I reported the problem when it first started and one suggestion was to have ebay change my store registration to Canada, but, knowing how ebay ALWAYS screws up and ALWAYS causes terrible unintended (I hope) consequences, I am afraid to let them touch my account.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I'm having the exact same issue. Registered in the late 90's on eBay.com but then of course eBay forced our hand to list on ebay.ca and in Canadian funds unless you wanted to do lots of extra work. Never had any issus with the old Markdown Manager and now I can't put anything on sale because my items were all listed on ebay.ca so it does not seem to recognize them. I have almost 400 items in my store right now but markdown manager shows that I have "0" active listings. Super frustrating!!!
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Markdown Manager works on eBay.com for US $ listings. And it works on eBay.ca for C $ listings. You have to create 2 seperate sales now if you want to include all your items. Here's the link to the .ca Markdown Manager. Bookmark it as I did, because it's not easy to find:

https://www.ebay.ca/sh/mkt/promotionmanager/dashboard

Message 6 of 6
latest reply