How do I get eBay to put my default back to US Dollars?

p009731
Community Member

About 2 months ago eBay decided I should sell my items in Canadian Dollars as opposed to the US Dollars I had as default and most always sold in due to the Loonie forgetting to swim and started drowning. They thought they were so wise and were helping me as I was too dumb to know how to sell items even though I am top rated and sell an item per day on average with about 50 items always for sale.

Not bad I always thought for a part time hobby to earn spending money for travel. 

Now EVERYTIME I do a listing I have to remember to change from Canadian back to US. Every now and then I forget, have to cancel and relist costing me a listing.

Every so often I miss this totally and get screwed because I price my items accordingly and end up losing 40% because I missed it.

Apart from printing a giant sing to put in front of my Laptop that say don't forget to change to US dollars or eBay just screwed you again.

I just want my default US $ back. BTW eBay by not listening to your "sell in Canadian dollars" I seem to be doing just fine selling in US dollars, and have remained on par and have not seen a decline in sales.

I want my US dollar default back please! Can anyone let me know how to get it back???

Also is there a Seller Central? Can't seem to find it, is everything just for buyers?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I too had that happen to me my sales from day one were is us dollars,i never noticed that ebay changed everything to canadian dollars,i too lost a lot of money not only on my listings ,but the shipping i lost mega bucks plus ebay fees on top of a big loss, was dirty and underhanded,i too had to post a big sighn in front of my computer saying watch out ebay will screw you if you dont pay close attenshin to your shipping and prices in listings,when you loose 5 bucks in shipping plus 10 or 12 percent on top of that for ebay fees just on the shipping alone i couldnt believe ebay could be so dishonest,they should have came cleen on the extorshion part and refunded sellers to reflect that fraudulant activity,that really sucked big timeshould have been some kind of pay back to sellers that got nailed in that but live and learn i spose???

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Presto - it's back.  As of earlier this week the US dollar is the default again on "sell similar"

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

right on its about time i can live stress free and not have to worry about getting the short end of the pervebial stick,lost lots on that scam,be nice if ebay would admitt they were wrong as usuall and refund sellers the fees they charged after getting robbed for fvf on sales that sold in canadian dollars when the items were always listed in us dollars ok cant hold my breath that long lol
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hello 'p009731', 

<< I want my US dollar default back please! Can anyone let me know how to get it back???>>

You and just about everyone else, -- except maybe 2 or 3 others.  You can still list on the Canadian ebay in US dollars but not for long.  So enjoy it while it lasts and if selling in US$ is most important to you, you will need to list on the American ebay in future.  

Have you seen the furor over this newest imposition?

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Updates/Retirement-of-USD-from-eBay-ca-Selling-Flows/m-p/329624#U...

Message 5 of 5
latest reply