How would I combine shipping-a potential buyer has messaged me.

I have received an inquiry about combining shipping on several items, by a potential buyer.  I'm a newbie, and am willing to do it--but have no clue how to adjust the billing to do this.  Is there somewhere that explains this-I find this ebay site EXTREMELY hard to find info.  Or maybe it's because I'm new and a senior?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Were both items listed on dotCA (or dotCOM, as long as they are both the same site)?

You should be seeing an invoice that has both items on it plus both shipping charges.

You can change the shipping charges.

DON'T HIT RECALCULATE!

And send the invoice to your buyer.

Before making any promises to your customer, remember that shipping rates can jump on a cm or gram difference in dimensions.

You would be best to weigh all of the potential items, and measure them.

USE METRIC*

And then calculate what the highest shipping would be.

Tell your customer that figure along with how much he saves over the original one at a time cost of shipping.

The reason for the highest figure, is that he may not buy everything, probably won't actually, and then you can let him know that his actual shipping is even lower than your estimate.

*Canada Post went metric in 1974. Any other measurements are likely to be inaccurate.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Were both items listed on dotCA (or dotCOM, as long as they are both the same site)?

You should be seeing an invoice that has both items on it plus both shipping charges.

You can change the shipping charges.

DON'T HIT RECALCULATE!

And send the invoice to your buyer.

Before making any promises to your customer, remember that shipping rates can jump on a cm or gram difference in dimensions.

You would be best to weigh all of the potential items, and measure them.

USE METRIC*

And then calculate what the highest shipping would be.

Tell your customer that figure along with how much he saves over the original one at a time cost of shipping.

The reason for the highest figure, is that he may not buy everything, probably won't actually, and then you can let him know that his actual shipping is even lower than your estimate.

*Canada Post went metric in 1974. Any other measurements are likely to be inaccurate.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply