Is there a way to determine where an item has sold on ebay?

bgoodys
Community Member

For example, I'm in Canada and would like to know the likelihood of something selling. I've been looking at the sold listings, but not sure where the item sold. Not that I would mind selling to the US, but I think it would be hard to compete with the US sellers because of our high cost of shipping. So I would like to know if there are any Canadian buyers, what price they are paying, and how often the item is selling. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@bgoodys wrote:

... I'm in Canada and would like to know the likelihood of something selling. I've been looking at the sold listings, but not sure where the item sold. Not that I would mind selling to the US, but I think it would be hard to compete with the US sellers because of our high cost of shipping. So I would like to know if there are any Canadian buyers, what price they are paying, and how often the item is selling. 

That information is not available for sellers.

Best you could do is look at items that were sold in C$ (those were listed on eBay.ca -- but could have been shipped anywhere)

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

but I think it would be hard to compete with the US sellers because of our high cost of shipping.

Don't second guess your buyers. If you don't allow them to decide the cost of shipping is acceptable, you won't be able to sell to them.

You can work out a Flat Rate for shipping your items,

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

and compare it with the USPS rates.

https://ircalc.usps.com/

While destination is very important for domestic parcel shipping, it is less important for shipping to the USA.

You can list on dotCOM in US dollars, but if you are shipping parcels, you will have to use Flat Rate Shipping.

If your products are under 2cm thick, you can use LetterPost and LightPacket rates which are not changed by destination .

Or if Calculated Shipping is necessary, you have the choice of using dotCA in Canadiand dollars. Your buyers Searching on dotCOM will see your prices in their own currency.

I have found, and this is anecdote, not data, that since the switch to Canadian dollars only on dotCA, that I am getting more overseas customers, although my US customers are down slightly.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply