returns

i got return request from a buyer where i have to pay the return shipping cost, but i dont see the option in which i can send a return label from ebay itself and the cost is deducted from my paypal account, i called the customer care but could not do anything?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

returns

@arcticjewels9 wrote:

i got return request from a buyer where i have to pay the return shipping cost, but i dont see the option in which i can send a return label from ebay itself and the cost is deducted from my paypal account, i called the customer care but could not do anything?

I'm not sure if there's a question in there but yes, on a Not As Described claim the seller has to pay return shipping.  Either that or just refund without getting the item back.  

If the buyer is in Canada you should be able to send a postage label.  If the buyer is NOT in Canada, it is impossible to send a label on an international order so the seller usually just sends the buyer the money and the buyer mails it, entering the tracking number into the claim.  (I didn't think the money would just be taken out, 'like it or not', without the seller doing it).  

If the buyer has the money, they should be mailing it back soon.  If the buyer NEVER mails it back, you can file to get back the shipping you paid which was never used. 

When you get the item back and have had a chance to inspect it (tracking will show "delivered")  refund the buyer.  

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/item-not-as-described.html

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

returns

If the buyer NEVER mails it back, you can file to get back the shipping you paid which was never used. 

Most people, even complaining buyers, are honest.

But I'm not clear on how the seller gets back money sent (via Paypal?) for a shipping label if one is not purchased and sent.

Would the seller then have to open an Item Not Received dispute with Paypal?

And meanwhile what does eBay do about the buyer not receiving an actual Return Shipping Label, but instead a Paypal (Send Money?) payment?

This is still a swamp of steaming pond scum.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

returns

LOL! Yes it is! But I think it is worth a try for anyone who sends the postage amount but then the buyer says 'thanks for the discount'. Here is the thread, and as pjcdn says, it is more a form of 'buyer protection' when it is the seller who becomes the buyer by buying the postage that doesn't get used. I can't wait to hear when someone tries this so they can tell us all how it works,

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/When-a-buyer-does-not-use-money-to-buy-a-return-label/m-p...

Message 4 of 4
latest reply