Buyer has not received item

I've only recently started selling and have sold approximately 20 items in the past few months. I just got a message from a buyer saying they haven't received the item that should have been there by January 11. Item was shipped within Canada (no tracking as value was under $50) and mailed out on January 5. What do I do now?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

you say that you sent it on JAN. 5th and should have been there by JAN. 11th 

that is only six days , postal service can take longer than six days ( just depends what part of the country you are in and where you are sending it )  ask the buyer if he or she can wait another week very nicely , if they don't get by then , well looks like you will have to give a refund ( in Ebay land the buyer / customer is usually always right

GOOD LUCK

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

For future use-- If you are going to ship without tracking, and for the most part I do without problems, you have to build the cost of the very occasional loss into your selling price.

It's called Cookie Jar Insurance, and in the long run the pennies or dimes you toss in your virtual Cookie Jar will save you angst and some serious money.

Not only by covering the very rate Dispute, but also by NOT buying expensive tracked shipping.

What was the destination? Postal service used? Has your buyer opened a case? What does their Feedback Left For Others say?

Without tracking that shows Delivered, you will have to issue a refund but ask the buyer to open a case so that eBay tracks it. You won’t get into trouble but if the buyer makes a habit of claiming Items Not Received, eBay needs to know they’ve made another.