Can I raise flat rate shipping on already listed items?

I have one item with multiple pieces available. I offer flat rate shipping both to Canada and the US. Since I first listed the item, shipping costs and the packaging I use have gone up and I lose some money on shipping on every sale. About half of the listed items have been sold and shipped already. I was thinking about raising the flat rate shipping $1.00 per item. Is this allowed on items already listed? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

With GTC fixed price listings you are absolutely ok to go ahead and revise the shipping charge. In fact all aspects of a GTC listing can be revised repeatedly over time. Auction listings are a different story, there are rules around the timing of revisions, especially once a bid has been placed. 

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

@road_warrior.2008 wrote:

I have one item with multiple pieces available. I offer flat rate shipping both to Canada and the US. Since I first listed the item, shipping costs and the packaging I use have gone up and I lose some money on shipping on every sale. About half of the listed items have been sold and shipped already. I was thinking about raising the flat rate shipping $1.00 per item. Is this allowed on items already listed? Thanks.

Because you have so few current listings you could always do a test on a few of the heavier items and try calculated shipping. Letter is really only only permitted for printed matter. Limit is 2 cm thick. US items need customs documentation for safety (Small Packet Air at bare minimum). After you have updated just test with a random postal code for Canada and 90210 for USA. Then you will have a better idea if you are covering your costs. Best surprise is no surprise.

-Lotz