Cancelled orders impacting my selling limit

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I'm **bleep**...

Twice now, buyers bid on my stuff and when they've won it they either don't pay or they immediately ask to cancel their order. Now,  i'm a good guy, I understand that people can change their mind. But what is making me angry is that even though that order as been canceled, it's still counting toward my 60 days selling limits, so now I can't relist my stuff for over a month....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Auctions are now fewer than 15% of eBay transactions.

It seems that most are run by new sellers-often new members who have not done any buying on the site and are unfamiliar with it- perhaps because eBay has the reputation of being an auction site and perhaps because eBay is presenting the option first.

One problem for using auctions is that customers may have forgotten they bid by the time the auction ends and/or may have purchased elsewhere.

Certainly I would move to Fixed Price. I'm a little leery of Immediate Payment Required, and I'm not sure if new sellers are even allowed to use it (because: Buyer Protection against take the money and run scammers) but in your immediate situation, it probably is a good choice.

If you are still selling in the videogames category, you should also be aware that your customer demographic is .... how to say this politely.... combatative ?  The IPR is again a useful tool for you.

I don't see any listings at the moment. You know you will get your full quota (number and value) back every 30 days right? You might also phone Help and Contact during the week and politely ask for it to be raised, citing your previous customer satisfaction and the cancellations at Buyer Request.

On the deadbeats, I hope you are opening Unpaid Item Disputes and getting your FVF back. These also give the deadbeats a Strike against their buying account.

If you go to your Seller Preferences, you can add an automatic Block against bidders who have two or more deadbeat Strikes in the past 12 months.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

List your items with "buy it now" and immediate payment required.  It will weed out those who don't intend to complete the sale.  Determine the price you want for your item as your starting list price.  If no action, you can revise to add "or best offer".  Going forward, auctions may become obsolete.  Ebay is changing, so must we, if we want to stay here as small sellers.  Not knowing the type of stuff you sell, this is the best I can offer, as another small seller.

I can't see any of your listings but if you are running auctions you might want to consider listing as fixed price instead and specify immediate payment required.

On another note, I've never heard of 60 day limits..just 30 days.  But either way, those cancelled sales are very frustrating. 

The selling limits are usually per calendar month (so yours should reset Dec 1)

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/sellinglimits.html

ask yourself why are you using this horrible over priced selling website?