Has eBay.ca stopped offering extra free listings to non store subscribers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Promotions are for the good of eBay, not presents for sellers, or for buyers.

If eBay thinks they need a lot more listings, they will hand out Free Listing promotions willy-nilly.

When eBay was trying to persuade Canadian sellers to list on eBayCanada, as they were last year,for example, we got 50,000 Free Listings on dotCA for a couple of months, as long as we listed in Canadian dollars.

If there is a category with fewer listings than eBay wants, Free Listing promotion.

If there are too few Auction listings for eBay's branding *, Free Auction Listings to persuade the 85% of sellers who have found Fixed Price Listings more profitable.

Without a Store, you have 50 Free Listings a month on dotCA and another 50 Free Listings on dotCOM if you want to use them.

With a Store, those disappear, but you get reduced rates** on your store items, from 10 cents to 3cents each depending on the type of Store.

http://www.subs.ebay.ca/feeweb/feeillustrator

*EBay is almost the only Auction generalist site around. Certainly the best known.

**EBay calls these 'free' but in reality you should divide the monthly store rental by the number of listings you have each month.

mcrlmn
Community Member

You already get free listings.

I pay for a store, and don't get free listings.

I could sure use some of those 'extra free listings' you refer to.

mcrlmn
Community Member

"Has eBay.ca stopped offering extra free listings to non store subscribers"?

I hope so.

I was wondering the same thing, but I suspect due to the amount of increased traffic due to Christmas, they just are not giving them out this month. Oh well, by Ebay not giving out free listings, they are only hurting themselves. I have not paid a listing fee in years, and never will again. 

You get 50 Free Listings on dotCA if you do not have a Store.

You get another 50 Free Listings on dotCOM if you do not have a Store.

It is possible to that the same promotion is available on every or many sites.

I understand there are about 35 different eBay sites.

Which would be 1750 Free Listings.

But each lists in it's own currency.

And you can only use Calculated Shipping on dotCA.

Still there are five or six English language sites, four French and three Spanish.