How Long To Give Buyer For Payment

I realize its up to the seller but generally speaking, how many days would you give someone before you sent a reminder for them to pay or cancel the order? I obviously would prefer to be paid right away because it takes my listing down while I could sell it someone who is going to pay right away but I don't have a problem waiting if the person is going to pay. This is the first time someone has bought something from me and didn't pay immediately so just wondering what other sellers do.

thanks  

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Don’t cancel, open an unpaid item reminder. If you try to be polite and offer to cancel, the buyer can leave you negative feedback for whatever reason they like. If they allow the Unpaid Item case to close without payment, you’re protected from that. Both methods allow you to claim your Final Value Fees back. Cancel transactions also take longer (10 days) to close.

I usually send a polite message after a day or two.  I say I have their parcel all ready to ship out. Just waiting for payment.

Since we can't open a UID for four days, I wait until Day Three to send a polite reminder.

No money? Open UID and close after 96 hours.

That gives the deadbeat over a week to pay up.

Keep in mind that if the buyer backs his Paypal account with a credit card, he can pay me immediately, and have the item in his hands before his next credit card bill arrives. And then he can pay that at his leisure.

No need to wait until payday.

I'm selling books and sewing patterns, not insulin.

Personally, I would send a reminder if you did not hear back from them after 24 hours of their original purchase. The other thing I do is check their feedback received and left for others and take note of any "flags" of a poor history.

-CM