How can I appeale the decision on a case. Package in transit and buyer get money and item.

I shipped package to Canada by Registered mail with tracking number. I don't know why, but  Order detail saying that package delivered at the same day on November 20, when I shipped item. I provided buyer with tracking number , but he opened case that he didn't received the package on November 22. I explain him, that I  sent package from Europe, and Registered air package take 2-3 weeks.I opened  opposite case 

I received this message from eBay on November 29: 

"This case is now closed

• Hi
  • We reviewed this case and have closed it without any refund to the buyer.
  • The case will not affect your seller performance. Any feedback left for this transaction will be removed.

But today on December 1 unexpected I received one more letter from eBay:

eBay has made a final decision in this case

eBay Customer Support has reviewed the case and made a final decision.

We issued a full refund of US $21.00 on Dec 01, 2017 to the buyer. As described in the eBay Buyer Protection program, the refund includes the purchase price, plus original shipping. This amount will be deducted from your PayPal account or charged to your preferred reimbursement payment method. The hold on this PayPal transaction has been removed. This case is closed. 

Decision:
    This case has been decided in the buyer's favour.

•  

Status of package - In transit  

There is no option for Appeal. All information about case deleted, and I can't to see details of case in Resolution Centre, because everything deleted. And I can't  call to customer service because I am not in Canada or USA  now. 

I will be very grateful for any help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

@kristim1 wrote:

I shipped package to Canada by Registered mail with tracking number. I don't know why, but  Order detail saying that package delivered at the same day on November 20, when I shipped item. I provided buyer with tracking number , but he opened case that he didn't received the package on November 22. I explain him, that I  sent package from Europe, and Registered air package take 2-3 weeks....

• There is no option for Appeal. All information about case deleted, and I can't to see details of case in Resolution Centre, because everything deleted. And I can't  call to customer service because I am not in Canada or USA  now.

Sorry for your loss.

Registered mail to Canada is NOT tracked (since about 2014) -- which is why you lost. Not sure why the delivery time is in error -- but probably an error with how eBay deals with a registered tracking number.

Unfortunately about the only thing you can do is send an email to the purchaser and ask them to repay the refund amount (via paypal) when the package arrives.

Future suggestion: Don't use registered mail for Canada. It's often much slower than regular mail.

-..-

I shipped package to Canada by Registered mail with tracking number.

Registered Mail, internationally, is not tracked outside of the country of origin.

No country tracks foreign Registered Mail.

Here are the services that Canada Post offers that are Tracked even in other countries-- although some postal systems are better than others.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1