How does a buyer get my contact info. for local pickup or mailing payment ?

ont123
Community Member

Buyer wants to mail a payment, or do local pickup.

He can't find my contact info.

I didn't have local pickup checked off in my listing.

He said he tried the Advanced Search route, but had no luck.

Any suggestions ?

View Entire Topic

Hi there @ont123,

If the buyer had gone through the proper purchase flow, they would be provided with your contact info, or they could request it using this form.

However, I believe that requesting info using that form will only work if they have recently made a purchase from you, and it sounds as though they have not.

I strongly recommend that you approach this transaction with caution, since the buyer has apparently decided to circumvent all of the "usual" ways for purchasing your item. 

If you're amenable to allowing local pickup, I suggest revising or relisting your item with local pickup enabled as an option, and letting the buyer know. They can then go through the proper eBay channels to get the info they need to complete the sale, and you have a record of everything on your side and are protected by eBay in case anything goes wrong.

And just to give you a heads-up, receiving payment through the mail is against eBay's Accepted payments policy. This policy is for the seller's protection, so it's in your best interest to reject offers of unauthorized forms of payment (cash in person for local pickup is OK).