How to Deal with a undesirable Buyer with too many Neutral and Negative Feedback!

I have a bit of a dilemma...

A potential buyer that I deemed undesirable because of too many Neutral and Negative Feedback left for Sellers when I look at their "Feedback left for others" is inquiring about a purchase.

I answered his question yesterday out of common courtesy in a neutral kind of way and he responded today and wants to do business.

I was hoping after the first question that he would just blow away in the wind.

Based on his Feedback left for others I've added him to my Blocked Bidder List because some Buyers are just not worth having....

How would you respond to someone you don't want to deal with?? 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

You don't need to respond.  You've blocked him.  Forget about him and move on. 

I've found a third "or" 😉  You can just be honest and tell him the truth. Something along those lines:

"I thank you for the interest you have in my items. Unfortunately, I cannot sell to buyers with too many negative feedbacks left for others. I really hope you understand and that you will find what you are looking for. Regards,"

I really don't know what to say except to ignore him. Since you do not want to do that... is he offering on an item without a Best Offer? If so, you can say you do not accept BO on this item. Or... if you do have a BO option, just refuse the offer saying it is too low. Or... I don't have third "or" 😉

Pretty much the same.

I'm too old to mess around with entitled high maintenance Uranians.

While feedback no longer counts with eBay against our selling accounts, it is still used by buyers as a measure of trustworthiness.

Poorly, admittedly, since most seem to thing a 97% rating is an A, instead of a 'run away'.

Nor do most understand that a seller with 238 negs in the past month could be a darn good seller, with 62,000 positives in the same period, because: ratios.

You could answer him and say no. Then he gets annoyed and sets his 'friend' on you.

You could accept his offer. Then he gets annoyed and leaves nasty feedback.

You could ignore him. Then he gets annoyed and sets his 'friend' on you.

Of the three, the one that has the least work involved for you and is the least likely to happen is ignoring him.

"Thank you for your interest. From your messages, I don't think this transaction would be satisfactory for you."

You can add 'no communication' to the Block.

For me business is business.  I never shy away from a sale.  All businesses will have challenges that come in a variety of forms. Challenging or difficult customers is one of them.  Ive had experience dealing with customers similar to what you have described and the end result was positive.  If at the end of the day my customer leaves me a negative or a neutral i can sleep at night knowing that i did everything on my end to the best of my abilities.  I chalk it up to the cost of doing business but i am always willing to take that risk rather than leave money on the table.  Every potential sale is an opportunity to build a relationship with a new customer even if the initial perception of said customer might be negative.