I have a buyer who paid (more than three weeks later) after I went to the resolution centre.

This buyer bought an item (auction), never responded to invoice or emails.  Then two weeks later bought another item.  Again, no response.  I finally went to the resolution centre and they paid.  By the time they did pay, it was more than three weeks after the first purchase.  I shipped the item with a tracking number.  There was an attempted delivery a week ago and a card was left letting them know where to pick up the item.  I have had no response whatsoever to any of several emails I have sent from the time the first auction ended to yesterday.  This buyer has nothing but positive feedback even up until today!  I don't understand!  They do not communicate at all and haven't picked up what they purchased from me.  Is this some sort of scam?  I am completely bewildered by their high rating.  Surely I'm not the only seller that has had a problem with him/her.  Is there anything I should be doing?  By the way, I have a Returns Not Accepted on all my listings.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have a buyer who paid (more than three weeks later) after I went to the resolution centre.

Okay, first go to Site Map-> A-Z-> Manage Bidders and add this deadbeat to your Blocked Bidder List.

Then go to Seller Preferences and add an automatic Block on bidders with Unpaid Item Strikes. There are a couple of other Blocks you might consider too

Let me understand this.

He bought the first item and never paid.

Did you open an Unpaid Item Dispute? Result?

He bought the second item and did not pay.

You opened an Unpaid Item Dispute and he paid.

You shipped with Confirmation of Delivery. Smart move.

After a week , he has not picked up the item, nor has he responded to your emails.

My advice is to stop communicating.

You have his money and proof of (attempted) delivery.

If he doesn't pick up soon, the parcel will eventually be returned to you.

You can then refund his purchase price. I wouldn't refund the shipping cost. In fact, if you are charged the return postage, and sometimes the carrier chooses not to bother, I would reduce the refund by that amount.

Why is he doing this?

I just got back from visiting my cousin in his new assisted residence. Given your product line, I wonder if your customer has mild dementia? Just because your history books would appeal to old coots like my cousin and me.

What's my name again? What's my name again?-- Marshall Mathers.

He cannot make an Item Not Received Claim, because he did not pick up the parcel in spite of being informed of its arrival.

He does have 60 days to leave FB, but if you shut up and don't poke him, he may not realize this.

I am completely bewildered by their high rating. 

All bidders have 100% positive feedback. It 's not important , just egoboo for the buyer.

I have a Returns Not Accepted on all my listings.

But you give Refunds.

Because if you take Paypal you give refunds or PP will and come after you for their money.

It is meaningless, unless eBay or PP takes you at your word and allows an complaining buyer to keep both item and money.

It's a pretty common error with new sellers. Drop it.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Okay, first go to Site Map-> A-Z-> Manage Bidders and add this deadbeat to your Blocked Bidder List.

Then go to Seller Preferences and add an automatic Block on bidders with Unpaid Item Strikes. There are a couple of other Blocks you might consider too

Let me understand this.

He bought the first item and never paid.

Did you open an Unpaid Item Dispute? Result?

He bought the second item and did not pay.

You opened an Unpaid Item Dispute and he paid.

You shipped with Confirmation of Delivery. Smart move.

After a week , he has not picked up the item, nor has he responded to your emails.

My advice is to stop communicating.

You have his money and proof of (attempted) delivery.

If he doesn't pick up soon, the parcel will eventually be returned to you.

You can then refund his purchase price. I wouldn't refund the shipping cost. In fact, if you are charged the return postage, and sometimes the carrier chooses not to bother, I would reduce the refund by that amount.

Why is he doing this?

I just got back from visiting my cousin in his new assisted residence. Given your product line, I wonder if your customer has mild dementia? Just because your history books would appeal to old coots like my cousin and me.

What's my name again? What's my name again?-- Marshall Mathers.

He cannot make an Item Not Received Claim, because he did not pick up the parcel in spite of being informed of its arrival.

He does have 60 days to leave FB, but if you shut up and don't poke him, he may not realize this.

I am completely bewildered by their high rating. 

All bidders have 100% positive feedback. It 's not important , just egoboo for the buyer.

I have a Returns Not Accepted on all my listings.

But you give Refunds.

Because if you take Paypal you give refunds or PP will and come after you for their money.

It is meaningless, unless eBay or PP takes you at your word and allows an complaining buyer to keep both item and money.

It's a pretty common error with new sellers. Drop it.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Because I just got in from visiting my cousin in his new Assisted Living residence, I wonder if your customer is living with mild dementia?
Your military history books would appeal to an older demographic, like my cousin and for that matter , me.
Check his address on Google Street View.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for the advice! Actually, the buyer paid for both the items at the same time after I had gone to the resolution centre and I shipped both items as one parcel.

Are you saying that negative and neutral feedback does not show up on a buyer's profile?....only positive?

Thanks again for your help.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for the advice! Actually, the buyer paid for both the items at the same time after I had gone to the resolution centre and I shipped both items as one parcel.

Are you saying that negative and neutral feedback does not show up on a buyer's profile?....only positive?

Thanks again for your help.

No.
Sellers can only leave Positive Feedback, so all buyers have 100% positive feedback.
If a seller leaves a 'false positive' - like a Positive with 'deadbeat never paid', he can have it removed. And the seller will get either a defect or a violation on his selling account. Those are a Bad Thing.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply