I have sold and item and the seller did not receive after 6 weeks, he got a refund.

Hi,

6 Weeks ago I have sold and item (video game) internationally. after 6 weeks the buyer claimed he didn't receive the item, eBay went into is favour and he got a full refund.Even If have a no refund policy. 

It kinds of make me angry because the buyer as and unconfirmed pay pal address in and Africa country and he have zero feedback (I have read alot of story of bad sales to there). 

Does anyone know if I get some sort of money back too? does this mean I have lost this game? aren't there some sort of refund to the seller?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have sold and item and the seller did not receive after 6 weeks, he got a refund.

First of STOP SELLING NOW ..

Take a day or 2 to do alot of reading then start selling again ..

Many countries you should not ship to out there so do some research ...

Ebay has tools to block buyers with less then certain amount of feedback etc or with unpaid strikes on there account etc....

Never bother mentioning no refund blahblahblah .. In Situations like yours it is forced upon you as a seller and always will be so why have a negative thing like NO REFUND NO RETURNS when as long as the buyer has good reason (With Guidelines) It is not optional for the seller to have to provide a return or refund ...

The only way to win a dispute like that is to have tracking on your shipments otherwise you will lose every dispute ...

When shipping Anything over $250 it has to go xxpresspost  with signature confirmation if not and the buyer opens case you could lose alot of money...

Many many things to go over... I suggest checking out the forums on here or just reading all ebays and paypal rules and gudielines and keep in mind when selling to other countries you Seller and buyer protection policies will change so you should know what they are to the place you want to sell to...

Start off selling within Canada and the US get a feel for things and read up on policyies with ebay and paypal or like me and many other start up will be a nightmare for you  but if you read up on everything you can figure it out weigh the risks envolved and figure out if it is good for your and if so where and how should you go about doing it .. Countries,Profit,Pricing, etc.etc.etc.

Have fun and take your time OR

Rush into and do like I did .. Pull your hair out lose a Couple $100 to scammer in other countries your first year and learn by experience LOL

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

First of STOP SELLING NOW ..

Take a day or 2 to do alot of reading then start selling again ..

Many countries you should not ship to out there so do some research ...

Ebay has tools to block buyers with less then certain amount of feedback etc or with unpaid strikes on there account etc....

Never bother mentioning no refund blahblahblah .. In Situations like yours it is forced upon you as a seller and always will be so why have a negative thing like NO REFUND NO RETURNS when as long as the buyer has good reason (With Guidelines) It is not optional for the seller to have to provide a return or refund ...

The only way to win a dispute like that is to have tracking on your shipments otherwise you will lose every dispute ...

When shipping Anything over $250 it has to go xxpresspost  with signature confirmation if not and the buyer opens case you could lose alot of money...

Many many things to go over... I suggest checking out the forums on here or just reading all ebays and paypal rules and gudielines and keep in mind when selling to other countries you Seller and buyer protection policies will change so you should know what they are to the place you want to sell to...

Start off selling within Canada and the US get a feel for things and read up on policyies with ebay and paypal or like me and many other start up will be a nightmare for you  but if you read up on everything you can figure it out weigh the risks envolved and figure out if it is good for your and if so where and how should you go about doing it .. Countries,Profit,Pricing, etc.etc.etc.

Have fun and take your time OR

Rush into and do like I did .. Pull your hair out lose a Couple $100 to scammer in other countries your first year and learn by experience LOL

Message 2 of 2
latest reply