Managed Payments

Managed Payments is  BS - garbage BRING BACK PAYPAL

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

tyler@ebay   answers (more or less) specific questions.

You could try posting your problem on Tuesday when he opens the Chat.

Usually he answers on Wednesday .

On the whole, most sellers seem to just be getting on with it.

My own reasons for holding out as long as possible, were that we could only attach one Canadian bank, although we can have that single account be denominated in US or Canadian dollars. This is not entirely helpful if we sell in two (or more) currencies.

And I am not alone in wondering why MP does not allow us to carry a balance and use it to make purchases on eBay.

I'm wondering if MP is not more secure than PP against account hacking.

It is relatively easy to add a bank account to a PP account, actually one of the things I like about PP is that I can have multiple bank accounts.

But with Managed Payments, only one bank account and that in Canada and in the member's exact name is allowed.

marnotom!
Community Member

And I am not alone in wondering why MP does not allow us to carry a balance and use it to make purchases on eBay.

Musing and pontificating as usual:

It's called Managed Payments and not Managed Funds.  

PayPal balances don't earn interest and they're not covered by deposit insurance.  If Adyen were to set up a similar arrangement as PayPal for balances, they may be held to different standards because it's a somewhat different operation than PayPal.  Or maybe they just don't want to go their and open themselves up to all sorts of liability or security issues.  We still see reports of hackers or ne'er-do-wells gaining access to people's PayPal accounts through cleverly constructed phishing expeditions or whatnot, after all.