Promoted ad fees are incorrectly calculated

Instead of calculating the promoted ad fee based on the actual sale price, these fees are calculated based on the original price. Which is higher, of course, than the price finally settled via offers and negotiation. 
This situation is valid for the past few months and visible on my invoices. 
Check your invoices good people. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sounds like a programming error if the ad rate and item's price when the listing was first clicked is getting used. Correct for the ad rate but not for the final sale price. 

tyler@ebay 

Ad rate is the percentage of an item's final sale price (excluding shipping and taxes), and is only charged when a buyer clicks on the promoted listing and purchases the promoted item within 30 days of that click. The fee is based on the ad rate that was in effect when the promoted listing was first clicked.

https://pages.ebay.ca/seller-centre/selling/promoted-listings.html

-..-

@

@123.chemist wrote:

Instead of calculating the promoted ad fee based on the actual sale price, these fees are calculated based on the original price. Which is higher, of course, than the price finally settled via offers and negotiation. 
This situation is valid for the past few months and visible on my invoices. 
Check your invoices good people. 

@ypdc_dennis 

I've thrown the question out there in the past but as I recall there was limited in the way of anecdotal or official reports.

When billing errors are discovered and reported with eBay (over charging) ,  to a few or many who is responsible for insuring the corrections are made? Is it entirely up to sellers to make sure they are getting any credits they are owed or have sellers seen these issues corrected accordingly by eBay in some sort of timely fashion? Fairly confident if sellers were being under charged incorrectly we would be billed no if's and's or but's, post haste!!

Reminds me of the recent issue with the fuel surcharge not being applied properly by eBay that took 2 months to correct. Sellers were left high and dry for something they had no control over.

-Lotz