How to prevent eBay from selecting wrong Canada Posts shipping method when choosing "Actual cost"

Hi!

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this...

• I am listing an item from Canada and I want to ship to both Canada and USA.
  • I choose "Charge actual shipping" for both countries and I want eBay to use the shipping calculator to charge my buyers automatically.
  • When selecting the shipping method I think is the best (in this case, "Canada Post Light Packet USA"), a buyer from the USA sends me a message telling me that he gets a "Ask seller for shipping costs" message.
  • After doing a little research, I realize that it is because the shipping method "Canada Post Light Packet USA" is not available for my dimensions/weight and that I should change it for "Canada Post Small Packets - USA - Air".

Is there a way that I can prevent eBay from making available shipping methods that actually are not available? Do I have to go to Canada Post website every time I list an item to check what shipping methods are available for my dimensions/weight?

This can be a major turnaround for buyers that check my listings and see that they have to contact me before and cannot spontaneously buy the product. And in some cases I might not even know that the shipping calculator tells them that they have to contact me before they actually send me a message...

Thanks!

View Entire Topic

Nope-- you just need two numbers, a tape measure and a scale.

If a package is over 2cm thick and 500 grams it is too big for Letter Post/Light Packet.

Don't guess. Measure.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

BTW- if an item can go Light Packet, you can list it on dotCOM in US dollars which many sellers (myself included) feel can be a useful strategy.