The buyer did not receive item, left feedback that says "Great seller. Fast shipping!"

Hi,

Buyer bought 2 items on different dates.

the buyer claims that he did not not receive the items, but he has already left feedback that says "Great seller. Fast shipping!"

the buyer is asking for a refund, what should I do?

I don't have tracking number?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The buyer did not receive item, left feedback that says "Great seller. Fast shipping!"

Start with schmoozing.

Remind the buyer of his feedback and ask if he is confusing you with another seller.

Check his received feedback to see if he has bought anything similar to your items lately.

Check your records and tell him what service you used, that you are shipping from Canada and he may remember the package for that reason, and the date shipped.

If there was anything special about the shipping ('I dropped in in the postbox outside Tim Horton's at Broadchurch and Gracepoint on Feb.14.") let him know that too.

But without a tracking number, if he opens a Dispute, either you refund or Paypal will , and come after you for their money. And you get all sorts of defects and violations.

Work on not having a Dispute.

Put him on your Blocked Bidders List.

Not every transaction will go smoothly. I hope you don't have to claim this on your income tax as a write-off.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Start with schmoozing.

Remind the buyer of his feedback and ask if he is confusing you with another seller.

Check his received feedback to see if he has bought anything similar to your items lately.

Check your records and tell him what service you used, that you are shipping from Canada and he may remember the package for that reason, and the date shipped.

If there was anything special about the shipping ('I dropped in in the postbox outside Tim Horton's at Broadchurch and Gracepoint on Feb.14.") let him know that too.

But without a tracking number, if he opens a Dispute, either you refund or Paypal will , and come after you for their money. And you get all sorts of defects and violations.

Work on not having a Dispute.

Put him on your Blocked Bidders List.

Not every transaction will go smoothly. I hope you don't have to claim this on your income tax as a write-off.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I will try to do that
Thank you.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Nothing you can do, give him the money back. Ebay service is useless. DO NOT WASTE your time to call ebay. You are not protected at all if you dont have tracking #. Even the ebay knows this is fraud, they still will deduct your money and give to the buyer.  I have a buyer purchase 4 items from 4 different sellers in 1 month and opened 4 unreceived cases. After I told him that I will report  the fraud to the police, he close my dispute immediately and claimed that he received item. I called ebay 3 times regarding this transaction and ask them to remove a Neutral False Feedback, you know what,  Ebay did nothing and this buyer is still purchasing on the ebay. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I have the same issue today. The buyer left me a positive feedback in 2 weeks after the item shipped out. and now after 2 month, he open the case and claim unreceived item. I ask him to go through the entire online order and make sure the item has not arrived yet. He is not responding. and I know he will not respond. A experience scammer  will not respond the seller and just take advatage of the "buyer protection program". 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply