US Shipment VS Canada Shipment

apx_frm1
Community Member

Hi,

Since I listed my items, I am receiving offers all from the US.

An eBay expert in another discussion told me that in my listing I have mentioned that I ship to the US. I have mistakenly done that, I didn't know I can ship to the US. My questions are:

1. How would I delete that? From where should exclude the "shipment to the US" from my listing?

2. If I decide to ship to the US as well, are there any ways I can mention 2 different shipment fees in my listing?

I mean I want to mention it like this:  for example,  $20 Canada shipments and $ 25 US shipments. (numbers are random.)

3. If yes, how? And do you suggest that I write 2 shipment fees in my listing?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shipping is the hardest part of selling online.

You need a tape measure* (metric and imperial, since our US neighbours don't understand metric) and a digital scale.

I got my Starfrit scale in the Kitchen department at Canadian Tire for under $20 . It will weigh up to five kilos and can be set to Imperial measures as well.

Here are the Canada Post shipping rates.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/information/app/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

You can use them to decide whether to ship Regular (which is only domestic) or Expedited (same price, faster service but you need a Solutions for Small Business number)

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/business/small-business.page?

or even ExpressPost.

For USA you can use Small Packet Air (untracked but sometimes.... that's another story) or Tracked Packet or Expedited USA.

Take your time and really look at the Sell Your Item form.

You can play with it to see what happens. You can even Preview your entire listing before you upload it.

There is a place for Domestic /Canada shipping.

Then you should see International. Then a drop down Choose Custom Location and one for Calculated Shipping.

Choose USA (nothing else yet).

Choose the service you want to use.

Now you have to enter the size of the package you will be shipping in.

Even for clothin a Tyvek or poly bag is strong and waterproof. I'd suggest wrapping the garment in white tissue (colour bleeds) and add a pretty sticker. You could also include a little note thanking the customer and mentioning that you have already left feedback.

There is more but follow those steps and ask if something is unclear.

EBay makes it sound as if selling online is easy, but it is a real job even if it's a side hustle. You have a good eye for clothing and you have found a friendly if opinionated bunch here.  Best wishes.

*The tape is also useful to give measurements on your clothing. Do NOT trust the manufacturer's sizing.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

@apx_frm1 wrote:

Hi,

Since I listed my items, I am receiving offers all from the US.

An eBay expert in another discussion told me that in my listing I have mentioned that I ship to the US. I have mistakenly done that, I didn't know I can ship to the US. My questions are:

1. How would I delete that? From where should exclude the "shipment to the US" from my listing?

2. If I decide to ship to the US as well, are there any ways I can mention 2 different shipment fees in my listing?

I mean I want to mention it like this:  for example,  $20 Canada shipments and $ 25 US shipments. (numbers are random.)

3. If yes, how? And do you suggest that I write 2 shipment fees in my listing?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Options for shipping to the USA are below Canadian(Domestic) shipping. You can either ship using flat rate but with that you are guessing(with parcels---Many variables) or calculated shipping where you choose the shipping options and the buyer sees the rates based on package weight and measurements. After you create a listing you can check shipping to various places by inputting random postal codes for Canada or Zip codes for USA. To remove shipping options you would just need to edit the current listings and update shipping to remove to USA.

-Lotz