What is Cookie Jar Insurance think mentioned by really nice stamps

If just a statement are there companies out there that insure expensive jewellry  sold on ebay.ca mailed to USA using Canada Post?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Yes those few pennies from each sale add up in the Cookie Jar quickly enough to cover most problem transactions.

Add in the money you DON'T spend on insurance*  and it adds up even faster.

There are several companies that provide "one off" insurance on shipments.  While I don't use them myself, I have seen  ShipInsure mentioned favourably.

If you have a business or are planning one, and therefore shipping often, you could look into HughWood International which specializes in collectibles, including collections, dealer stocks, shipping, trade shows, and transit.  But they do annual contracts only. They have a Toronto office and HQ in London UK.

You may feel more comfortable with insurance. Money is not the only reason to insure and/or track.

I have used Signature Confirmation from time to time even when the shipment is under the $750 eBay maximum.

* possibly including not buying tracking on inexpensive items

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

I believe "cookie jar" insurance is a form of self-insurance where a percentage of each successful sale is set aside (in a proverbial "cookie jar") for use to pay for transactions that have problems.

are there companies out there that insure expensive jewellry sold on ebay.ca

Yes.

If you are in business,selling a lot of high value stuff, try HughWood International which specializes in collectibles.

They have a Torontooffice and cover in transit, trade shows and flea markets, collections, and dealer stocks at a better price than the less specialized firms.

I don't deal with any one-off insurers so I hope others will jump in. You may have to post a new question.

Of course, you will win a Not Delivered Claim  if you use Signature Confirmation.