Where does Ebay's seller protection come in when a buyer leaves misleading feedback comments that may confuse the member community?

Case in point: I sold a Dermaglow product to a buyer. The listing and the picture matched and the product that I shipped matched. The buyer then leaves me the following NEUTRAL feedback comment: "you did not send me the right item, this is not Elizabeth Arden", or something to that effect. At first blush, someone reading the comment would think, "this seller sent someone the wrong item" when in fact, I didn't. I also noticed that she must have given me a "1" rating for description because my description ratings seem to have been affected and this is completely unfair. I sent the buyer what she paid for. I called Ebay asking them to remove the comment on the grounds that it was misleading and confusing and both the CSR and her supervisor refused claiming that the comment did not "violate" Ebay policy. Well, is confusing or misleading members acceptable? What about my description rating that was accurate to a fault and the individual said it was not. I am more than a little irritated right now with Ebay customer service and I want to escalate this matter on principle but I'm not sure how or to whom? Can anybody please help????

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Where does Ebay's seller protection come in when a buyer leaves misleading feedback comments that may confuse the member community?

Hi paulinha... You have your answer from ebay and pursuing will be fruitless. Calm down and consider the only option that might produce a positive result , that being, a feedback revision..

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/feedback/revision-request.html

Buyer is obviously confused for what ever reason and i would try to give them an out. A very nice message .. sorry i acted by responding to the feedback you left but i was upset knowing that i sent the item you ordered. On reflection i wondered whether you really meant to leave or perhaps a mixup with another seller etc. ( i might even offer to accept a return).

I'm sure you get the picture and can word better than i can , ending with would you be willing to accept a revision request if i filed one

Sometimes we do things that grate but lesser of evils.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hi paulinha... You have your answer from ebay and pursuing will be fruitless. Calm down and consider the only option that might produce a positive result , that being, a feedback revision..

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/feedback/revision-request.html

Buyer is obviously confused for what ever reason and i would try to give them an out. A very nice message .. sorry i acted by responding to the feedback you left but i was upset knowing that i sent the item you ordered. On reflection i wondered whether you really meant to leave or perhaps a mixup with another seller etc. ( i might even offer to accept a return).

I'm sure you get the picture and can word better than i can , ending with would you be willing to accept a revision request if i filed one

Sometimes we do things that grate but lesser of evils.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

The buyer must be really looney as they have not purchased any Elizabeth Arden products from anyone.

Non paying buyers deserve unpaid item strikes.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply