how much time did it take you to make your first sale ?

elirabito7
Community Member

hi everybody my name eliran and i'm a new seller on ebay i have been trying to sell for 2 weeks and i would love to hear your tips and how much time did it take you to make your first sale ?

Accepted Solutions (3)

Accepted Solutions (3)

Your photos are quite good but you need some feedback on your selling account. Zero-count feedback sellers are regarded with suspicion, and worse are a magnet for less-than-ethical buyers. Did you have a buying account before you started selling? Do you have experience on ebay as buyer? I would consider this a critical first step. 

If you open a store you have access to Promoted Listings which is an in-house ebay ad program. This move would be worthwhile if and when you have about 250 items listed and not so much before. A store subscription will also allow you to create categories and put items on Markdown and do other Promotions. 

Other that that, the only way you will drive listing views is by self-promotion. Do you have a Facebook, instagram or twitter? Link your listings. 

Mccrim makes several good points.

Like many of the posters here, I've been selling for a long time. More than 35 years in mail order, on eBay under one ID or another since 1998.

I'd suggest that you push the Made in USA a bit more. Our neighbours are very big on that.

But if you are dropshipping, watch out for a product line that is more reliable.

Dropshipping does allow you to get a toehold, but your supplier has dozens of other sellers competing with you, may not let you know when he runs out of stock, make package poorly, or just not ship at all.

And the customer (and eBay) will blame you.

And some products are just not made for mail order.  If it is bulky (which is expensive to ship) but low cost or easy to find, it's not a good choice.

And it's fussy, but use both capital and miniscule letters as well as proper punctuation. Poor language skills are something scammers look for, because they indicate either carelessness or naivete, which is catnip for crooks.

Best wishes and keep in touch.

mcrlmn
Community Member

Item demand, price, and cost of S&H are the major factors.

Others might be title, reputation, length of enrollment, feedback score,  location, or search placement.

When was the last time you paid $27.40 (Price + S&H) for a mug?

Answers (0)