how to have a clear white background of an image

dherbals
Community Member

Any free software available to edit the background of image to make it white?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Do you mean specifically to 'white balance' the background? Or do you mean something like software that will eliminate the checkered tablecloth your teacup-for-sale is sitting upon?

Learning how to use a camera was done before digital cameras were available.  The same principles were used with a digital camera.... but some minor adjustments were required.

The best thing to do about photography is to find a book  that shows how to take photographs.

Many people will use a camera, without knowing exactly what to do.

The right book about photography will show what adjustments to make.

When we, as humans,  look at something, our brain makes an adjustment  and we do not see the reality that a camera sees.    We must be the camera's brain.

Different light bulbs  will emit a different color, and software is needed to make an adjustment.

Incandescent light bulbs emit a reddish light.

Old fluorescent light emits a green color for light.

Take a picture, indoors, and  using the light from the outside, with clouds above and snow on the ground  makes everything have a light blue tone.

It is my option to have a place where the wall  behind the item being photographed, is a light blue, and the table is black.  The colors are achieved using poster paper attached to a solid surface.

Many sellers make a mistake of having a very cluttered, and sometimes very colorful or patterned background,  ....  and sometimes  a potential buyer might think that many things in the background might  also be a part of a sale...

OP has no listings on eBay at this time.

The best background  for a photograph is a light grey color or something close to the light grey.

My background is a light blue in all of my photographs  ... the gallery photos.

All of my photographs are color corrected using software.  ... and using the light blue background  as a part of the process  to adjust the color ... tint.... of the image.

A bright white background is not good because if one does a color correction using software,  everything in the photo will be a dark color.

I use incandescent light to light up the item being photographed...  Incandescent light adds a reddish tinge to the photo....

and sometimes the color of the item being photographed will influence the color of the photo.

Royal Albert Val D'Or is **bleep**e with a gold trim

Then sometimes things go wrong depending on the "color" of the light being used to take the photograph...  or even the color of the item   where the dinnerware is sitting

The best background  for a photograph is a light grey color or something close to the light grey.

My background is a light blue.

All of my photographs are color corrected using software.  ... and using the light blue background  as a part of the process  to adjust the color ... tint.... of the image.

A bright white background is not good because if one does a color correction using software,  everything in the photo will be a dark color.

I use incandescent light to light up the item being photographed...  Incandescent light adds a reddish tinge to the photo....

and sometimes the color of the item being photographed will influence the color of the photo.