outrageous Ebay fees

Is it just me  that finds ebays fees  outrageous ,34 cents to list and 10 per cent for final fees ,plus then you get the paypal fees.I have been on here  since 2004,but think i will now leave and go on to Bonanza, or ,ebid ,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Your premise is flawed.

You could have lower listing costs if you took time to look.

With only 42 items listed at the moment, you could list 58 more items free.

Fifty here on dotCA and 50 more on dotCOM.

On dotCOM you would be required to list in US dollars , which most sellers do not regard as a burden, and use Flat Rate shipping, which can be for those whose items do not ship LetterPost/LightPacket.

Or you could open a Basic Store and list up to 250 items 'free'.*

*But not really because you pay a $24.95 monthly fee which is means each of those listings actually is costing you 10 cents.

mcrlmn
Community Member

"outrageous Ebay fees"

209 listings , and 97 recent sales says not that bad.

"i will now leave and go on to Bonanza, or ,ebid"

Welcome back!

I also do not like the .34 listing fees and without the free listing promos I no longer list much on eBay....Right now I'd welcome back the days of eBay's 10c or 5c or 2c or 1c listing promos that we had many years ago...

Alas, eBay is not what it used to be...

However, with the free sites like Bonanza, you get what you pay for = no traffic and the seller must do all the advertising and/or pay to play.

But other than eBay and Amazon, there is not so much choice out there for viable selling venues....

Unless a seller wants to go the route of having their own website and doing ALL the work, driving ALL the traffic but keeping ALL the profits.... sellers are at the mercy of whatever selling venue chosen for listing and selling products.