why can't i charge more than i want to charge?

It is my first time using eBay and I would like to charge a certain price for my item.

Your system is telling me that I'm not allowed.

I've never used eBay before and probably won't use it much after. I just have one item that I would like to sell.

Can someone let me know what is up!

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

By the way, the same questions apply to any online site, most of which offer less protection to new sellers.

It's eBay being a bit paternalistic.

Or to put a brighter light on it- it's both a Buyer and a Seller Protection.

New Sellers are restricted in the number and value of the items they can list.

This is a Buyer Protection against a scammer who lists 5000 iPhoneX at $50 fixed price/immediate payment required- and absconds with their ill-gotten gains. Or a single 'diamond' ring at $50,000. 

But it also protects naive sellers.

Do you know how long Paypal will Hold your buyer's cleared payment?

Do you know how to tell if your buyer's e-check has cleared?

Will you ship Registered ?Or Surface?

How will you handle an email telling you the money is in your PP account and you must send the tracking number to release it?

When should you use Delivery Confirmation?

What address should you ship to?

When should you accept an offer to buy your auction lot, which already has one low bid?

How does automatic bidding work?

What is a sniper and should you love  them or hate them?

Several of those questions lead to obvious scams. Some to arguements with honest buyers. Any wrong answers can lose you your money and your item.

Don't sell until you already have made several purchases,including one from overseas and a couple of international transactions.

Don't sell anything with an opening bid higher than your feedback.

Don't be afraid to ask questions.

New sellers have selling limits. The limits are raised after the seller proves to be reliable.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/sellinglimits.html