why do my listings appear to be stagnant ie., maybe 2 views on first day, then no more

I seem to get a little interest in my listings on first day but then nothing changes ie., views, on a dozen items all stay at the same view level until the end.   Seems like all the listings are frozen after a while.  

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

I find that even my Shop listings are more likely to sell when they are newly listed OR about to close.

I don't get many watchers. But then my listings are Fixed Price. If the browser is a buyer, she buys.

So it's my guess that the first question is what is my Title, because most customers will Search by keywords (rather than category)

If they get too many responses to keywords, they may then add categories.

And if they are observant, they may notice the Item Specifics on the left.

The dropdown Search menu is not going to be an obvious choice for winnowing.

The Searches are:

Best Match-- which seems to favour new listings. Many customers don't realize this is a dropdown.

Time- Newly Listed.-- pretty straightforward

Price+Shipping- Lowest

Price + Shipping - highest

Distance- nearest first.-- I'm not sure that many ever use this and it is all too easily gamed.

Are you using Good Til Cancelled?

I like GTC because I have a lot of listings (over 5000) and updating them would be more work than I want.

But I did close and reconsider listings that got the eBay Note about  going 16 months without a sale.

And I now, somewhat erratically, look at the about to close list for item that have been listed for a full year. (I add a note saying which site and and date when I list).

Would your button lots be less than 2cm thick and 500 grams when packaged ? In a bubble envelope?

If so, have you considered :

• listing them on dotCOM in US dollars and Flat Rate shipping to Canada and USA?
  • listing them as Free Shipping-- which just means instead of $5+$6 shipping, the price is $11. (or $10.99 or even $11.99)

Obviously your china can't ship Flat Rate, so it has to stay on dotCA with Calculated Shipping.

You might also want to add the UK to your shipping options because without a shipping price, your items won't show on dotCOdotUK.

I've found the same thing happening the past 2 months.  Things have really slowed sales wise when usually it gets busier in the 4th quarter.  Sales were steady in the Summer and August was very good, but the past 2 months have been awful.  I need to list some more items I guess.Smiley Happy

Those of us selling collectibles and preowned items, are a dying breed.  It is thought that we do not fit the image ebay wants.  i'm trying to figure out how it is possible that identical listings have different number of views.  Most have no views, but occasionally one will have many views and watchers.  If eventually there are no views, there will be no sales.  Even if we are not "terminated", we will simply have to stop listing.  

It's like working part time and hoping for shifts.  If the employer wants to get rid of you, you don't get any shifts, so you're not working.  You're not exactly fired, you just don't go to work. Technically, you're unemployed.

Same here. Very little views. Some questions from buyers, but no sale. 😞