Are Shippo prices inclusive of tax and surcharges?

Are the prices shown on Shippo when creating a label inclusive of tax and surcharges?

I'm trying to send a small packet (10*15*2 200g) via Expedited Parcel within QC and the price on CPSfSB is $14.50 inc. The price shown on Shippo is $13.50, but it doesn't say anywhere whether that's inclusive of everything.

Am I right in thinking those two are the cheapest options for sending something tracked to be covered under Paypal Seller Protection?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It is confusing.

The Canada Post website gives you the price with all fees and taxes included, but without your Small Business Solutions discount.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

The SnapShip site gives you the price with your discount, but without the fees and taxes until you choose your service and method of payment.

Same with the Shippo webpage. Discounted basic price, taxes and fees added later.

Yes. Those are going to be the cheapest rates.

Both the SnapShip and the Shippo pages will show you comparative prices.

It can be handy to make a little chart of your own with the comparative prices for various dimensions weights and destinations and post it somewhere you can see it when you are listing.

Calculated Shipping does a lot of the work for you of course.

send a small packet (10*15*2 200g) via Expedited Parcel

Do you really need tracking?

That package could be shipped LetterPost.

Which is NOT trackable.

I don't track most of my low value items, because the postal system is very good at their job, and with low shipping the increased sales, in my opinion, offset the very very occasional loss or late delivery.

But I'm selling into a very honest demographic. Philately has been a handshake hobby for generations.

Other products attract more sketchey or entitled customers.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The price shown on Shippo is the price you pay (everything included).

The eBay rate for Expedited Parcel in Canada gets an extra discount of around 6%

Tracked packet USA and Expedited Parcel USA also get additional eBay discounts through Shippo.

If you need the item tracked then Expedited Parcel is the cheapest option. It does include $100 free insurance, and a delivery time guarantee (or shipping refunded, but you have to file a claim if the parcel is late, the refund is not automatic).

If you are willing to take the risk you can send as oversize lettermail (maximum thickness of 2cm). My buyers are mostly honest, and delivery is mostly reliable, so I send that way for most of my inexpensive items.

You can not print the label online. Same price anywhere in Canada (parcels vary by location).

Self-insurance: Put the money you save on shipping in a jar to cover the cost of a refund when an INR claim happens.

Stamp postage rates for Canada (before sales tax):

up to 100g ... $1.80

101-200g ... $2.95

201-300g ... $4.10

301-400g ... $4.70

401-500g ... $5.05

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

“I'm trying to send a small packet (10*15*2 200g) via Expedited Parcel within QC and the price....”

To be clear, Small Packet is international airmail. Expedited Parcel is domestic. Lettermail is also domestic. The latter will cost you the least.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply