Cannot Logon to My Shippo Account

Dear ebay management...please ditch this useless Shippo platform!
I've not even attempted to print a label yet and I'm already fed up with it.
Strike 1. I went through the registration process as requested a couple weeks back...Shippo would not recognize my already existing CP Solutions for Small Business Account, forced me to create another CP Small Business Account with a different account number.
Strike 2. Once I had created the new CP account Shippo would not connect/ activate the new CP account they had just created. Apparently my account was disabled / locked for some unknown reason.
Strike 3. I immediately noted that new ebay sales were extremely slow to show up in the Shippo transaction list. How am I supposed to promptly print a label when the ebay sync function is not real time, sales don't sync for many hours after the fact.
Strike 4. This morning Shippo would not accept my password which I knew for certain was correct.
Strike 5. Having no joy logging in with the proper password I requested a password reset. Guess what? Shippo claimed my User Id was invalid. That's it for me and I haven't even attempted to print a label yet! I'm done with Shippo.
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Having used Shippo exactly once and Canada Post on and off for five years, I can tell you that it was Canada Post and not Shippo that was having recent issues with client log-ins failing and errors being received by its users. That's now been fixed as far as I can tell. 

And when you get that Shippo message saying your password is incorrect, try to navigate to another log-in window and try again. Chances are, it will let you in with the password you have established. Don't rest, that will only make it worse. This is what worked for me. I had to make a log-in attempt twice.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for the tip. However I did in fact try multiple times in different ways to login to Shippo ,,, all attempts ended in failure. Perhaps I'll give Shippo another try six months down the road but right now it's not worth the hassle IMO. I haven't personally had any trouble accessing the Canada Post tools.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

To clarify, it looks as if autocorrect changed 'reset' to 'rest' in my post above. Sorry. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kawartha_decor wrote:
Dear ebay management...please ditch this useless Shippo platform!
I've not even attempted to print a label yet and I'm already fed up with it.
Strike 1. I went through the registration process as requested a couple weeks back...Shippo would not recognize my already existing CP Solutions for Small Business Account, forced me to create another CP Small Business Account with a different account number.
Strike 2. Once I had created the new CP account Shippo would not connect/ activate the new CP account they had just created. Apparently my account was disabled / locked for some unknown reason.
Strike 3. I immediately noted that new ebay sales were extremely slow to show up in the Shippo transaction list. How am I supposed to promptly print a label when the ebay sync function is not real time, sales don't sync for many hours after the fact.
Strike 4. This morning Shippo would not accept my password which I knew for certain was correct.
Strike 5. Having no joy logging in with the proper password I requested a password reset. Guess what? Shippo claimed my User Id was invalid. That's it for me and I haven't even attempted to print a label yet! I'm done with Shippo.

Hi kawartha_decor.

I'm sorry to hear you've had so many problems getting set up and using Shippo. Thousands of Canadians have already connected successfully and printed their first label, so thankfully not everyone is having such a tough time.

We'll ask Shippo's CS team to reach out to you via email, and I'm sure they can help sort out all these issues for you. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Having used Shippo exactly once and Canada Post on and off for five years, I can tell you that it was Canada Post and not Shippo that was having recent issues with client log-ins failing and errors being received by its users. That's now been fixed as far as I can tell. 

And when you get that Shippo message saying your password is incorrect, try to navigate to another log-in window and try again. Chances are, it will let you in with the password you have established. Don't rest, that will only make it worse. This is what worked for me. I had to make a log-in attempt twice.

mjwl2006, thank you for once again helping another member with great advice. You're an asset to our community here. 🙂

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Thank you, it's kind of you to say so. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Thank you for responding Rodney.

I did manage to logon to Shippo just now with no difficulity ... used the exact same credentials which failed repeatedly earlier this morning. 

I decided to use the Canada Post Snap Ship tool to purchase my label which works very well ... the only drawback being than it is necessary to cut and paste in the recipients address. The type of items I typically sell rarely require a trackable label so the fact that Snap Ship doesn't auto transfer tracking info back to ebay means little in my situation.

Upon logging in to Shippo I synced with ebay and the Shippo system most certainly does not return anything approaching real time information, I had changed my item's status to "shipped" on the ebay system quite some time before logging on to Shippo ... yet an hour later syncing with Shippo did not return the item as being shipped. This is a major shortcoming from my point of view ... I often ship items almost immediately if the timing is favourable ... often saves an extra trip to the post office in my situation. Shippo needs to speed things up a bit if I'm to use the service.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kawartha_decor wrote:

Thank you for responding Rodney.

I did manage to logon to Shippo just now with no difficulity ... used the exact same credentials which failed repeatedly earlier this morning. 

I decided to use the Canada Post Snap Ship tool to purchase my label which works very well ... the only drawback being than it is necessary to cut and paste in the recipients address. The type of items I typically sell rarely require a trackable label so the fact that Snap Ship doesn't auto transfer tracking info back to ebay means little in my situation.

Upon logging in to Shippo I synced with ebay and the Shippo system most certainly does not return anything approaching real time information, I had changed my item's status to "shipped" on the ebay system quite some time before logging on to Shippo ... yet an hour later syncing with Shippo did not return the item as being shipped. This is a major shortcoming from my point of view ... I often ship items almost immediately if the timing is favourable ... often saves an extra trip to the post office in my situation. Shippo needs to speed things up a bit if I'm to use the service.

That's very interesting feedback. I've seen a sold item show up in my Shippo dashboard witihin minutes of a sale completing, so that part works great. Interesting to hear the mark as shipped from our platform isn't carrying forward promptly. We'll relay that to Shippo too. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Rodney...my experiences seem to vary from yours regarding timeliness of sales data. I've not had many sales lately but those sales had not shown up in Shippo for many hours after they had taken place...I didn't follow-up to note how long before they finally did appear. I did sync bye the way...made no difference. Same problem was evident today but a shorter delay I think.
CP Snap Ship prints out a date and time stamped credit card receipt when a label is purchased ( I like that feature) so I changed the item's status to shipped immediately after printing the label which was 12:25 EDT, some time after 1:30 Shippo still didn't sync that updated information. I don't know how long it took Shippo to update but it had updated the shipping status by 4:00 EDT.
Bye the way, this afternoon I was still not able to logon to Shippo via the link from eBay. Following the shipping link from eBay after navigating through multiple links navigates to something like goshippo.com/register/platforms//ebay_ca/login/?next=/user/platform/ebay.ca/orders/%253Flang%253Den-US%2526user%253Dkawartha_decor%2526lineeld%253....etc,etc, the address string just continues on and on, doesn't even fit in the address bar on a 22" monitor. That link doesn't work for me.

The Only method that does allow me to logon is to navigate to Shippo outside of the ebay.ca site. I believe the address is very simple, something like goshippo.com/login That works.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kawartha_decor wrote:
Rodney...my experiences seem to vary from yours regarding timeliness of sales data. I've not had many sales lately but those sales had not shown up in Shippo for many hours after they had taken place...I didn't follow-up to note how long before they finally did appear. I did sync bye the way...made no difference. Same problem was evident today but a shorter delay I think.
CP Snap Ship prints out a date and time stamped credit card receipt when a label is purchased ( I like that feature) so I changed the item's status to shipped immediately after printing the label which was 12:25 EDT, some time after 1:30 Shippo still didn't sync that updated information. I don't know how long it took Shippo to update but it had updated the shipping status by 4:00 EDT.
Bye the way, this afternoon I was still not able to logon to Shippo via the link from eBay. Following the shipping link from eBay after navigating through multiple links navigates to something like goshippo.com/register/platforms//ebay_ca/login/?next=/user/platform/ebay.ca/orders/%253Flang%253Den-US%2526user%253Dkawartha_decor%2526lineeld%253....etc,etc, the address string just continues on and on, doesn't even fit in the address bar on a 22" monitor. That link doesn't work for me.

The Only method that does allow me to logon is to navigate to Shippo outside of the ebay.ca site. I believe the address is very simple, something like goshippo.com/login That works.

Thanks. The link you are referring to is the set-up link. Once you've completed set-up,  you can just go straight to Shippo at https://goshippo.com/ and clicki on login, or the "my shippo dashboard" button.

Thanks for the additional details. We will follow up on this with our friends from Shippo. 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply