First and last time with Shippo

idelaney
Community Member

I got routed to Shippo for the first time yesterday, and it was a nightmare! I spend half-an-hour on the phone with eBay trying to get it resolved. I couldn't link my eBay account to my Shippo account because Shippo re-directed me to the U.S. eBay site instead of the Canadian one, and wanted a 6 digit one-time code. I use the eBay mobile app for two factor authentication, so that wouldn't work.

After logging in and out of both eBay.ca and Shippo a few times the accounts finally linked, but the shipment didn't transfer over. Log in and out a few more times and the shipment transfers, but the weight and dimensions of the package don't.

I entered the dimensions in feet and inches on eBay, but Shippo doesn't have feet and inches, only feet, so I had to re-measure and re-weigh the package. I finally got a mailing label printed and took it to the post office, and they couldn't scan the bar code. Luckily, they could enter the numeric code and accepted my package and mailing label.

I don't know who is running Shippo or how they stay in business. After reading the numerous issues people are having with Shippo I've decided to close my account with them, and use PayPal, or just Canada Post.

Oh, and I emailed Shippo about this and I am still waiting for a reply. It's well past their promised 3 hour service window. What a farce. How can we get eBay to drop this 'service'?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Sellers do not have to use Shippo so it really isn't a matter of "How can we get eBay to drop this 'service'?"...it's a matter of choice by the seller.

The seller chooses to use Shippo or not. I have never used Shippo, never will...have no need to do so... PayPal shipping(which allows the seller to pay via PayPal) and Canada Post Snap Ship(which accepts payment by Credit Card only) work just fine and have the same little discounts by integrating the Canada Post Solutions For Small Business account...

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I agree.

I use Paypal usually because it keeps track of my payouts for shipping.

I think every time I have used Shippo I have ended up opening a new Shippo account because the previous one is unreachable.

To be fair, because Shippo allows Canadians to purchase USPS shipping labels, sellers faced with demands for return postage from a US buyer are able to comply without any more complication than any other Shippo transaction.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

but Shippo doesn't have feet and inches, only feet, so I had to re-measure

Shippo produces Canada Post labels and Canada Post went metric in 1974.

The label you bought is more out of whack than you thought.

Just because you can use imperial measures doesn't mean you should use imperial measures.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I've had very few problems with Shippo and I think that the majority of the problems that people had happened when eBay first started out with Shippo.

Using metric is more accurate but if you use Shippo again and are using imperial measurements, sign into Shippo, go to settings / packages and you should be able to set it up so that it shows both feet and inches.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply