Need help with shippo

I am trying to create a label with ebay/shippo and I keep getting this error.   I am not sure what I am doing wrong.  Any ideas?

customs error.jpg

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Need help with shippo

I tried it with both, 

prob 1.jpgprob 2.jpgprob 2.jpgprob 2.jpg

Message 21 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

Have you tried to keep your item description simple and just use "used music CD" and for your HS code take out the . and use 852340? That's the difference I see between mine and yours. And can you change your package weight to 0.16 instead of .152? Surely your packing material weighs more than 2g? I remember in the past I had problems with not adding a zero in front of the decimal.

If all these fails, I think it probably has something to do with the way your account is set up... is your home address entered properly? Is your shipping service set up as Canada Post? Did you disable all other shipping services that you won't use?
Message 22 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

Changed it to just Used Music CD and used all of your info for mine, I thought that I could just change it back if it worked.  Still didn't work.  

Message 23 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

I'm out of ideas other than asking you to check your account to see if it's set up properly...  maybe someone else has other ideas? slight_frown

Message 24 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

You have to put your weight in grams and NOT in kilos. Use the unfolding menu.
Message 25 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

Pretty sure using kilos with the right decimal place works.
Message 26 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

I tried it with grams, still the same.  I tried to do it manually and it came out with this.   I don't know why the Canada Post Platform not authorized shows up. 

prob 3.jpg

Message 27 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

Are you the user who had trouble with needing to create multiple Solutions for Small Business Accounts at the onset of Shippo because they weren't being properly synced with the program, or am I thinking of someone else? You do have an account with CPC, correct? And it's linked?

Have you sent a tech support request to the Shippo staff people? I've found they respond very quickly and thoroughly anytime I've posed a question or raised a concern.  

Message 28 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

No I am not the user that had the original problems.  I might email them to see if they can help.  

Message 29 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

Don't de-select the Add Customs Declaration button. I just checked my most recent order to the USA and it does need to be selected. Also, I reached the page with shipping choices, so it's not a systemic error. 

Is it possible this is one of those annoying cover-all-bases messages that could mean anything but might be as simple as the buyer's address being slightly incorrect? Remember how Paypal Shipping would return one totally useless error message for troubleshooting for any variety of things maybe gone wrong? Anyone here experience something like that with Shippo?

I'm out of ideas. Sorry, I think you need to talk to Shippo tech support for this. Report back if you get it solved, please. I too would like to know what went wrong here. 

Message 30 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

@mjwl2006momcqueen wrote:

Are you the user who had trouble with needing to create multiple Solutions for Small Business Accounts at the onset of Shippo because they weren't being properly synced with the program, or am I thinking of someone else? You do have an account with CPC, correct? And it's linked? 

I'm one of them with this problem with SnapShip. SnapShip worked for me for about a month, and then one day when I tried to login during CP maintenance hours, SnapShip stopped working altogether for me despite I tried making multiple accounts (and I have like, 3 small business cards mailed to me as a result). But since Shippo discount is good too and it worked fine, I didn't bother trying to get it fixed. 

PS. I had a good laugh when I saw that the mod moved this thread to the elusive Shippo Central...

========

Musicyouneed, is your carrier page set up like this? I deactivated everything else since CP is the only one I use. If it is, then I agree with Maureen that calling Shippo might be your only option left, aside from triple checking your address and your buyer's address...

small business.jpg

Message 31 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

Yes, exactly as that.  Only Canada Post active with my account there. 

Message 32 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

I also had another international one to Germany this time and same problem.  It must be in my set up.  I might just remove myself and then register like a new person. 

Message 33 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

That didn't work either.  I'm at a loss.  it is probably a simple explanation.

Message 34 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

Could it be the way your ebay account is linked to Shippo? You ship via a mail-forwarding service to the USA so is the USA-based address to be found anywhere within your ebay seller account settings? This would be a simple explanation for the reason Shippo cannot tabulate any Canada 
Post rates for you, it's trying to do so from a Sender address that's linked to The States.

Message 35 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

I checked that.  My shipping from address is my Canadian address.   The mail address I use is only on the mail forwarding site and also my ship to address on ebay.  Good try, thanks so much. 

Message 36 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

Hi MJ, you were close.  I heard from shippo and they said:

Thanks for writing in. You are receiving this error because you have not set a default return address. You can set a default return address in the Account page. 

I hadn't set it up yet. 

But now I am getting this:

shippo stuck.jpg

Message 37 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

*face palm* ...when all else fails, sometimes cleaning your browser caches could help...?
Message 38 of 39
latest reply

Need help with shippo

I emailed again and they told me Canada Post was down earlier today.  So I just did it and it worked.   Thanks to all for your help. 

Message 39 of 39
latest reply