'New Shippo workflow' problem has been fixed

The problem I had with Shippo labels as purchased through the 'new workflow' last week has been fixed. Background: https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Do-NOT-use-the-new-Shippo-workflow/m-p/402071#M93268

As a side note, if you opt into using the 'new workflow' (as depicted) you will be shown a single default postage option which may not be suitable in all cases. Check the others behind that blue box if you want tracking etc. 

Try New Label WorkflowTry New Label Workflow

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

FYI with a grain of salt:

Question submitted to Shippo:

May 22, 1:23 PM PDT

I realize the New Workflow is still a "work in progress" but will it become mandatory for all sellers using Shippo to use? I find the current system works fine and really don't need something with defaults as noted by others who recently tried using this system.

My reply from Shippo attached:

Thanks for reaching out to us here at Shippo! While the response to the new label flow has been very positive and customers have been able to generate their postage faster than before, we know we still need to account for additional functionality such as generating a return label at the same time as an outbound label. At this time, we do not have any plans to require using the new design.  We may plan to do so at such a time in the future when its functionality is a clear improvement over the older flow. 

-CM

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Er, I’m not Toys R Us or Old Navy so I certainly DO NOT need to print a Return label at the same time as I print my outbound postage label. I know Free Returns is all the rage but it’s going to be a very cold place somewhere warm when I start begging buyers to send their purchases back to me. My sales performance is not in the millions of dollars, and if it were, I do not think I’d be running my postage through eBay and Shippo. By all means, they can get it ready for us to Play Big Leagues but I’m on a farm team and that’s where I’ll be staying. Being realistic here. I can’t even keep a stable sales performance from one year to the next in my minor league tax bracket. I’m not in a position to worry about more.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

That's pretty much why I included the free grain of salt with that message. It's become a requirement with most answers we seem to be getting lately!!

-CM

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

This looks interesting. I'm not sure I want to waste my free trial during the summer though. It might have more impact in November. Also, I'm cheap and $10 per month seems like a lot to me. 

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 10.32.47 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-05-23 at 10.32.56 AM.png

Message 5 of 5
latest reply